Archbishop John Sentamu

Discussion in 'North' started by Black_Scout, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_Scout Jedi Master

star 4
    I know you're not all Christian but I think this is just awful.

The first black Archbishop of York has revealed that he has received racist letters, including some covered in human excrement.
    Ugandan-born Dr John Sentamu, who will be enthroned in York next month, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme he prayed for those who sent the hate mail.

He said: "I don't know where they are from. They don't tell you.

"They simply tell you, I am Mr White X and **** go back and this is what you are like, this is what you are worth."

Asked if he was angered by the letters, Dr Sentamu said: "Particularly when they put human excrement on them. I don't want to have that kind of thing.

"And I say to myself, why are people doing this?

In the end, when I get those letters, I actually pray for the person who's written them

Dr John Sentamu

The 56-year-old was educated in Uganda, where he practised as a barrister and was an outspoken critic of Idi Amin's regime, before coming to the UK in 1974.

He was ordained in 1979 and after serving in a succession of London parishes, he was appointed Bishop of Stepney in 1996 and Bishop of Birmingham in 2002.

Personally I think its really good that York has a black Archbishop, and Sentamu is quite a cool guy anyway. He's asked Marks and Spencers to sponser his enthronement by providing a pack lunch for everyone attending, which I think is great! He also has the coolest hat thingy (you know the ones that archbishops wear) every, its multi-colour. Go John Sentamu =D=
  2. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    I KNOW A LOT MORE BUT IM UNABLE TO TALK ABOUT IT -LETS JUST SAY BIG SPENDER HINT HINT
  3. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh? Don't get ya. PM me iof u can't say here.
  4. go-away Jedi Master

star 4
    Things like this do not surprise me anymore.

The guy sounds great -a big campaigner for female bishops & gays within the church.

Guess he is partly a victim of the self-righteous.
  5. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    When a good person is treated this way it always makes me mad. The simple-mindedness of some people is so pathetic at times. What's worse is when the same people who do this rubbish actually think in their own heads they are somehow better than the people they attack - but by their actions show they are the lowest of all human lifeforms.

Isn't ironic when the people abused by these scum actually turn round as pray for their forgiveness, despite of what they have done. Takes a great person to do that, personally I'd just like to shove the letters covered in excrement into their ugly little mouths :D

I say good on him, I don't have opinions on a person because of their colour, but more the person they are inside.
  6. Eddie Force Ghost

star 3
    I find it hard to understand how racism still exists in the 21st century!
  7. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    There is a lot going on we dont know about -
  8. Susan_Delgado Jedi Knight

star 1
    oh dear thats terrible its actually shocking and makes me feel sick that this stil goes oni am not a christian and never will be i was christend though and went tochurch till i was 10 and my mum sat me down and said i had a rigth to make a desicion on wether or not i beieved etc etc so i left but i would never wish this on anyone....

me being a goth the predujice i get is awful.....ive had eggs thrown at me and my house and even my dog...but luckily the morons wherei live cant write.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.