Amph Archer

Discussion in 'Community' started by DantheJedi, Jan 16, 2012.

1. tom Chosen One

star 6
    guys koohii has a girlfriend
  2. duende Force Ghost

star 5
    guys koohii is squeaky clean
  3. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Koohi - my non-drug using boyfriend introduced me to Archer. We both watch it completely sober. We are both mentally, emotionally, and financially stable. I recall when south park was an early on show, people would say the same things about it which you just said about Archer. To each their own. If you don't like it, just don't watch it, but why make vast generalizations to reassure yourself of your own mental worth or maturity?

Anyways, I haven't finished season one yet and I need to get caught up.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    It's all a smokescreen. He spends his nights taking balloons, tissues, and chapstick to bed with him while he watches Vampire Princess Miyu animations. It's terrifying... and not simply that I know this...
  5. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    That's a lot of info for 2 minutes of watching it.

As to the show itself, I like it. There's a lot of quick wordplay to it, and I find it fairly self aware. A huge part of the joke is how misogynistic some of the characters are, but I don't think the show itself is... it knows that Archer's a horrible person for that. And really, everyone is pretty flawed. So I don't find that as bad as, say, James Bond, which is just a disgusting character, but that seems to be embraced rather than the joke.
  6. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    I think the show is pretty good. It sometimes gets a bit repetitive, but overall I think it's pretty darn funny. I just started watching it about a week ago and am almost done with season 1. I love that Jessica Walter (Lucille Bluth) was chosen to voice Malory Archer (...who is basically Lucille Bluth).
  7. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I have all of that (or so I like to think) and I found it fairly funny. Would it be funnier drunk, hell yeah, but it was still amusing. The female spy (can't remember her name) is far more competent than Archer so I don't see that much misogyny in it.

It's no South Park but it's still amusing.
  8. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv34gyuYRn1r4lquro1_500.png]
  9. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5

personally, I'm honored that someone so mature, emotional, and adult even hangs out on the same forum as us. I only hope that one day we can all stop dragging our knuckles and eating raw meat off the bone, and ascend to the same exalted plane of existence as koohii. I'm a little surprised that someone as advanced as he is can even interperet the crude grunts that we use to communicate.
  10. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, it isn't easy. Thank you for appreciating that understanding other levels of evolution requires effort. I sometimes even have to translate both "Engineer" and "Engin-Nerd" into "English". Not as easy as it may sound.
  11. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    I thought you were a modeler, not an engineer. You ought make up your mind.
  12. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm multifaceted--training in a wide variety of fields.

Or put archaically: A Jack of All Trades, but a Master of None, Oft Times more Handy, than a Master of One
  13. Lord Vivec Chosen One

star 7
    This explains a lot.
  14. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5

Quite impressive. I hererby dub you the Official Swiss Army Brand Multi-Tool of The Jedi Council Community Forums. That's a lot to type out every time, though, so we'll just call you a tool for short. :)
  15. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Please don't ever leave us again.
  16. Ben Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5

awww luv u. i'm back for the long haul.
  17. DantheJedi Force Ghost

star 5
    [image=http://i44.tinypic.com/10h4x1j.gif]

[image=http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/archer.gif]
  18. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Saw my first episode of this. It's hilarious.
  19. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
  20. Master_Jacen Force Ghost

star 6
    i love you