main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC are american Dynasties "Un-american" or just part of the process

Discussion in 'Community' started by Likewater, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I think it's unfortunate that the rich and powerful have a distinct advantage as far as getting elected goes, when their ideas often aren't any better than anyone else's, or sometimes even worse. I think that's one of the shortcomings of our government. Democracy should, in theory, help the under-represented poor to have their voices heard, but when getting elected is largely a matter of how much money you can spend, you can see how we're similar to a monarchy in that power is inherited.

As to how to fix the problem, I'm not sure. I think we've reached a point where it's not the huge problem it could be, though.

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    For the most part government intervention in the economy usually doesn't make the economy better. There is a place for it though and it shouldn't be taken off the table. Roosevelt used programs to make Americans think it was working, even if it was or wasn't. It didn't matter if it worked, Americans thought it was working and that's what was important. The economy will fix itself as always, in its own time. The government need only appease the masses until then.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

To be precise, it was the conversion of the the entire US economy to wartime production. Wouldn't have worked with the hyper-merged defense industry of today.