main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are any authors still posting?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Wildwookiee, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    and I'm especially interested in doing Princess Leia's backstory

Awesome! I hope this pans out. I've been waiting for her backstory for YEARS... :D

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    It's nice to have the authors post as they can correct any mistakes or assumptions we make. I've certainly had that happen once before, and I thanked them for correcting me, trying not to get offensive about it. If I did, I appologive to you once more.

Tailone, nice to know who you are and that we can get some help in better understanding SbS from you. (Hey, get used to me refering to you by your nickname instead of your name when I wish to address you as a forum member and not an author, I do it with Kathy Tyers all the time. Just who I am. Prefer useing the screen names.)

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Ann, you are ALWAYS welcome at theforce.net, I am not sure why you felt otherwise. Your Han Solo trilogy are among the best loved books in the whole series!!

Welcome back, and I hope to see you posting more often when you can spare the time.

I do agree with the idea of an official thread for the authors, and I will obviously help moderate it.

4. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Anyone who writes as well as you do doesn't deserve a single negative comment. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope the Princess Leia story becomes a reality, if anyone can write it you can.

5. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001

It'll be great to see how Leia & Winter grew up together :D

6. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Yeah and it would be cool to see Bail Organa as well, considering how the PT describes him.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    You know... hopefully the same idiots who made death threats to RAS and Perry get up the nerve to make them to Matt Stover, personally. :D
      "I, for example, am a hardcore geek -- and I'm also a 6'1" 210-pound superheavyweight kickboxer. Which means I can not only argue Nietzschean themes in superhero comics from Siegel & Shuster to Alan Moore, I can take you outside if you start to get lippy."
    Rabid "Fan": Stover, you suck! I'm going to kill you.
    Stover: //boottothehead.wav

8. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    boottothehead...lol :D

ah, you study tykwanleap too?

Yes, I think that personally insulting someone for an Idea that they put down on paper is ludicrous. C'mon, grow up people...

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Wildwookie...
    "ah, you study tykwanleap too?"

Yes, I have been exposed to the power of tae-kwon-leap. :D

10. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Yay!!!!!!!! It's great to see the authors post here... I never heard of the death threats because whoever, made them went a bit "Over the top". Even though I did not like Chewie dying (I will admit it) it is nothing I got pissed off about and I believe that since it was the direction taken it was for the best and now I guess that panned out in Rebirth and SbS and afterwards.... (Han and Leia are now running the Falcon and she's getting her own co-pilot's chair, they're more closer to each other etc.) which is really cool. I am sure that whatever way the authors want to take it after Anakin's death in SbS and the reasons why he died will become clearer as the next novels come out.

I hope that like the TPM novelisation the AOTC novelisation will contain a little extra... By the way I saw it in the newspaper as Revenge of the Clones????

11. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I dont want to sound like a major butt-kisser when an author appears, but I really, REALLY loved the Han Solo Trilogy and Star by Star

12. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Hehe...I feel like a giddy fan girl you'd see at N*SYNC concerts...lol...

I heard about the death threats in regard to Mr. Salvatore, but I thought people were exaggerating the fan reaction. Whoa. That's just so incredibly wrong. I'm loud and outspoken against Anakin's death, and I think I'm fairly confident that he'll return (I'm a believer!! ;) ) but if not, well, at least he went out heroically. I loved your writing, Mr. Denning! I can't exactly pinpoint what is was, but in Star by Star there was a sharp and clear quality to it that gave it such a Star Wars-ish air, and I'm re-reading it for the third time (no wonder I'm not getting my homework done 8-} ).

I can't say I've read the Han Solo trilogy, but I know one of my friends has it somewhere. Ooooh, and Leia's backstory seems like a great idea! I've always wondered about her and Winter!!! (Where'd Winter go in the NJO, anyway...?)

13. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, since Tailone's here too :D : I loved SBS, it just replaced Darksaber as my fav SW novel. You, like KJA before with DS, captured very well what I think is the essence of Star Wars : the very fast back and forths between the different groups of characters. That gave a very good rhythm to the novel, which is IMO, the most important thing. Thanks again for that wonderful novel... (Oh, I just wanted to mention the fact sometimes I had a hard time figuring out where exactly the strike team was on the worldship... That's the only "negative" point I can think of.)

-------

Now that we're talking about authors, does anyone have news about Mike Stackpole's situation. Did it get better ???

-------

As for the Author Q&A, I know that on certain boards, there are 'special' topics that are locked to all users, excepted the admins. I don't know if that would be possible here on Snowboards, but with two threads, it should work. One of those 'special' threads where only admins and the author are able to post. And another topic where the questions are asked, and selected by the admins... This has been mentionned before in this thread, I think it'd be the best solution...

14. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Sorry Troy, my computer had a nice little fit due to a power surge after posting that. :mad: There is one on it's way to you now.

Mastage - Not quite. It's similar to a couple of the suggestions here, and also to the chats that EchoStation used to have. They were the first thing that popped into my head when thinking about it.

Xizor - While it's a nice idea, SnowBoards only allows that option for whole boards, not individual threads.

15. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I'd just like to say, Troy, that SbS was a very good book. It's one of my favorites fromt the NJO, along with Greg Keyes' novels. One thing I didn't like however, (and I know it's not yor fault), is the fact that Anakin dies and not Jacen! :mad: I sincerely hope that you are given the opportunity to write more SW novels in the future.

I haven't read any of your novels as of yet, Ann. I'm not too keen on prequel novels though.

Anyway, I hope this Q&A thing pans out as I'd love to be able to ask you guys some stuff. :D

16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    About authors receiving death threats: It happened. I can remember posting on a thread that was supporting RAS and demonstrating that not all SW fans are nuts, it doesn't matter what an author wrote, death threats are unacceptable. I didn't know about Steve Perry though, guess it wasn't much reported as RAS' experience.

Troy Denning is a wise man to say he'll answer Qs on a limited basis. Kathy Tyers responded to BP posts following the release, for at least a week. I don't know how she did it, the posts were relentlessly non-stop! Troy Denning has the right idea.

Talking to authors is fun, you never have to worry about giving ofence as they've been done over by professional reviewers, what are they to worry about after surviving that?

Jedi Ben

17. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Matt Stover posted in my Matt Stover news thead :D

18. Tailone

Tailone Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Kadue has made a workable suggestion. I'll let him explain it and set up the "Troy's Question A Day" thread (or whatever he's going to call it), then start answering questions. (I'm guessing tomorrow, depending on how long it takes to set up.)

This sounds like fun!

Troy

19. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I just wanted to concur with what Keir said earlier in this thread about Bob. He's a super guy and although he doesn't post here, he has taken time to send me messages. Mr. Salvatore, sir, if you are out there, I just wanted to say thank you for being so kind and taking time from your busy day to send those messages to me. They meant so much to a fan. Am delighted they chose you to write the Episode II novel and can hardly wait to read it.

20. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Oh, I very much appreciated the messages he sent me.

21. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    It's great to see these writers on these boards. Great work, both of you!

Mrs. Crispin, are you by chance slated to write any comics for Dark Horse? I remember you were in talks last year...

22. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Its gonna be cool to see some of the stuff that went into SbS. I enjoyed Kathy Tyers' Balance Point thread, although I didn't participate in it very much. Its neat to sit back and watch all the insane questions and answers fly by.

23. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Troy's Question a Day, sounds like fun. Hopefully the board will be well-moderated, so it lasts!

24. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Very cool ! I cant wait for Troy's Q&A thread to open ! :D

25. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I've PMed with RAS about his Demon Wars series. Very nice guy :D

wk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.