main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are any authors still posting?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Wildwookiee, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

Where does one actually find this "VIP list?"

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
  3. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Now *THAT* is scary!! Mmmm, Darkside... I don't want to call you a stalker and all but... oh, hell! Of course I do! ;)

So any of you still lurking?

4. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    That's not one of my socks. Come to think of it, I don't even have any socks.

5. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Oh, sorry I thought that was your profile! [face_laugh]

Come to think of it, I don't even have any socks.

Here, borrow a pair of mine. And they better not reak of the darkside when you return them!

6. accrispin

accrispin Author of the Han Solo Trilogy star 1 VIP

Jul 11, 1998
    Still here.

:)

-Ann C. Crispin

7. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

A comforting thought Miss Crispin, and still eagerly anticipating the relization of your Leia idea, by the way! :)

8. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I really have to hand it to Troy Denning for taking the time to answer those questions. I know people around here really appreciated the time he spent with us. And I think he knows he's welcome back any time.

9. loser_fett

loser_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    hey ms. Crispin. Any chance of you starting a Q&A thread like Mr. Denning did?

10. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    To view posts by authors, check out the Authors & Artists Forum!!

11. Han Solo Cup

Han Solo Cup Jedi Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    You have a monopoly going on topics in there Gath :D

Papercuts-hurt

12. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    It may look like it, but it was neccessary to manage the forum! I hope you like the Authors & Artists forum. It is a way of promoting author / fan interaction.

13. Han Solo Cup

Han Solo Cup Jedi Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    Actually I visit it quite a lot, I just have never said anything. I can never seem to think of a question when an author is actually around. I understand about the topic-monopoly ( face_silly ) just givin you a hard time. Nice job with it.

Papercuts-hurt

14. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

I miss this thread, it was like one big slumber-party with all of our author friends! :D

Author-folk, where are ya, show some love! 8-}

~PAd

15. accrispin

Jul 11, 1998
    I try to drop into my Author topic and answer questions at least once a week.

:)

-Ann C. Crispin

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I still think you posted under a sock named "ZombieAnne" as well in the recent past, Ms. Crispin... ;)

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I, for one, was disgusted to find out Salvatore was receiving death threats via posts. I hope appropriate action was taken. Let's turn a civilised arena into an amphitheatre. The Romans have done that already.

18. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Death threats! Geez that's crazy. (We're a little behind the times Excellence - all this stuff was posted in July and backwards) MWStover was posting in a thread I made back in August...I'm not quite sure how to link, but it was Called 'What's So Good About Traitor'...shouldn't be too far back I just posted last night. I agree it's very cool the authors post despite the hostility they somtimes receive. Thanks!

19. Nerf-Lover

Nerf-Lover Star Wars Comic Writer star 1 VIP

Sep 6, 2001
    I always respond to any post on my creator thread or threads about issues of Star Wars Tales I happen to have stories in. :)

In case anyone here isn't familiar with my Star Wars work, I wrote:

"A Wookiee Scorned!" in SWTales #10 (which involved Chewie being jealous over Han and Leia's newfound romantic relationship).

"The Princess Leia Diaries" in SWTales #11 (which was about Leia growing up, told from her own POV through her diary entries). I saw some desire posted on this thread for seeing Leia's backstory -- and this story deals with some of that (though it is technically "Infinities").

"Children of the Force" in SWTales #13 (which is a Mace Windu story that takes an interesting look at the actions of the Jedi). There's a recent thread for Tales #13 around here somewhere that I've been participating in.

And coming up for sure, I've got "The Emperor's Court" in Tales #14 and another Tales story after that (which I can't give details for quite yet). Plus, there's another thing or two I'm waiting to hear back on.

And if anyone is interested in learning more about my other comic book writing work, you can check out my own little website at:

http://jasonhall22.home.mindspring.com

and Visit the Pistolwhip Comics Electronic Headquarters at:
    www.pistolwhipcomics.com

Thanks to everyone who's posted kind words about my stories so far -- it's much appreciated!

-- Jason H.

20. accrispin

Jul 11, 1998
    Yes, authors are still posting.

I've never received death threats, thank god. Just lots of flack from certain Star Wars fans. Thank goodness it seems to have calmed down lately.

-Ann C. Crispin

21. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Ms. Crispin

i must say to see you posting is a joy to fans like me, i loved the Han Solo Triology.

I don't bash Authors, this might stim from the fact that i write and know this is a creative work that took time and effort and that alone should be praised. But i loved your triology, i thought i was great.

I really have no more to say.

Yoda

22. SamakinSkywalker

SamakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    whoah! The REAL Miss A.C. Crispin!?!?!?! Cool! ;) I just finished reading your series the 'Han Solo Trilogy' about a month or 2 ago :D I love your books! ;)

23. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001

Boy Samakin, have I got the place for you! ;)

~PAd

24. SamakinSkywalker

SamakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    yeah, you injected your sedative on me there remember? :p lol ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.