main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are any of the books endorsed by Lucas?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Steve_Dave, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m_cable

m_cable Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Lucas did not "order" the death of Anakin Solo, nor Chewbacca.

Says you.

Lucas: Wipe them out.... both of them.

2. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    *shrug* I never found it that difficult to simple include a last name when I was talking about one of the Anakins, and usually, it's obvious which one I mean from the context. Like if I say, "I think that Anakin and Tahiri were a good couple" or "Anakin was manipulated by Sidious" I think it's obvious which one I mean in each case. I can see your point, but it's a silly reason to kill a character. What if Lucas starts to fear confusion of Ben Skywalker and Ben Kenobi...?

Well easy, we only call Ben, Obi-wan. Plus I'm not agreeing with the death of Anakin Solo, in fact I'm very interested in him. (He shares the name of my favorite Star Wars character. ;) ) So it sucks he died... very much so. See the problem is, one of my friends, at the mention of Anakin thinks of Solo, while the other thinks of Skywalker. Personally, I think of Skywalker too. But yeah, it gets confusing. My friend hates the prequels but loves post-ROTJ EU, so Anakin = Anakin Solo to him. I know that's pretty rare, but it exists.

3. LijoT

LijoT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    The problem is quite real. Unless everyone knows you're talking about the prequels, you have to mention their last names to avoid confusion. Otherwise it would be like this - "Anakin." "which one?". I've seen it happen a lot.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    LijoT posted on 6/13/05 8:30pm
    The problem is quite real. Unless everyone knows you're talking about the prequels, you have to mention their last names to avoid confusion. Otherwise it would be like this - "Anakin." "which one?". I've seen it happen a lot.

[hr][/blockquote]

I'd say that 99.99% of the people who know Anakin Skywalker would say "There's an Anakin [i]Solo[/i]?"

5. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I'd say that 99.99% of the people who know Anakin Skywalker would say "There's an Anakin Solo?"

But why would I be having a discussion ABOUT Anakin Solo and Anakin Skywalker if I wasn't talking to hardcore Star Wars fans to begin with. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.