main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are any theaters allowing lines to buy tickets?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by PartyOnDarth, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PartyOnDarth

PartyOnDarth Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2004
    Are any of the theaters allowing lines to form to buy tickets ahead of time?
    I know I was one of the lucky individuals who camped out at the Raleigh Grande the night before for Phantom Menace tickets and I would hate to think that we wouldn't be able to do it again for the last SW movie ever. For AOTC many of the theaters never gave a definite time as to when they were going to sell tickets and, then, out of the blue they started selling tickets without notice. It seemed to me they were to trying to thwart such line efforts(probably in response to the events of 9/11 at that time), but I didn't know if the theaters were going to allow it this year or not.

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll check on that and report back later today.

3. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    After I called my favorite theaters, here's the scoop on ticket purchasing. Please note this is subject to change as we get closer to May 19th :

Consolidated Theaters - Crossroads 20, Southpoint in Durham, Raleigh Grande. 4 prints at Crossroads in Cary, 3 prints at Southpoint, 3 prints at Raleigh Grande. Digital projectors - NO to all 3. IN fact no theater in all of NC has a full digital projection system. Midnight May 19 showing - extremely likely, but not set in blood yet. Probable availability : Management estimates 2 weeks before showtime - Thursday May 5 at 10AM - as the most likely date tickets will start being sold. Contingencies : how they book and schedule the timeslots with their distributor will be a factor. Cost: $8.25 adult, $6.25 student with ID, $6 seniors all showtimes and everyone else $6 for all matinees before 6PM. Where to buy : box office, lobby ticket kiosk, and online at consolidatedmovies.com.

I was in line for TPM at Raleigh Grande too. I remember camping out. It was a nightmare that management does not want to repeat. They don't want another camp out. Two things will mitigate the camping scene - 1. Box office only availability was the only way to get tickets before, and 2. Pent up demand for a new Star Wars movie over 17 years.

Now that online ticket availability is a piece of cake, there's no need to camp out Tickets will go on sale both at the box office and online simultaneously. The theater general manager literally throws a switch and makes it happen.

Eastern Federal Briar Creek Commons, Raleigh:

Midnight show? - Likely, not confirmed

Digital quality - full dolby digital sound in all theaters, and 60 foot curved screen in theater 6 with seating for 280. Probably as close as you'll get to the full digital experience without going to Atlanta or DC.

Cost: $8 adult, $6 matinees before 6PM.

When : first week of May, 10AM - subject to change

Contingency : based on booking, distribution, and print availability

Where to purchase : box office and easternfederal.com

I'll update further as soon as I know exactly when tix will go on sale.

4. PartyOnDarth

PartyOnDarth Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2004
    Thanks for the info.

I still wish they allowed people to line up for tix to ROTS(like some of the big cities are doing), because the Episode 1 line was an experience I'll always remember and cherish. Oh, well, at least I have it on videotape if I ever want to relive it.

Chris

5. captpellaeon

captpellaeon Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Does anyone know how the online tickets work for Consolidated Theatres? I want to go to the midnight screening with a bunch of my friends, but all of us have classes and no time to stand in line or camp out or anything like that. The online tickets thing seems ideal. Anyone know how well it works? Any word on how it will work for ROTS? I would assume they can't oversell the theatre...If i get my tickets in advance, will I get a seat?

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    B. Morris,

The info for online tix are in my post above. (go to consolidatedtheaters.com. You pay by credit card online and then go take your printed receipt and show your credit card at the box office anytime.

BUT!...
    If you go to any consolidated theater, you'll miss our events that are OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! (You don't have to have the tickets to the midnight show to get in and see us.)

Come and meet your friends in this club at Briar Creek Commons!

7. MrGarindan

MrGarindan Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    I just bought my opening midnight tickets today on movietickets.com for Crossroads20 in Cary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.