main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are AtSt Pilot Rebel Scum?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Erk, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    You knowe the AtSt pilot who tells the officers they´ve won over the rebels at endor. aka the pilot who says they´re fleeing into the woods.
    A long time have I wondered is he a rebel with a costume or an imperial forced to say those things (threatened by the rebs presumably). I mean he looks kinda frightend but on the other hand I don't the think the rebs counted on the imps knowing every atstcommander in their service.
    (Help me Bib, if there is an EU answer you´re my only hope.)

2. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    Bib? Who needs Bib?! It was Han Solo dressed up as the AT-ST pilot!

3. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Bit me! I must be blind! I'm gonna eat my hat. I don't believe it. I can't be I missed that. I not worthy to be even called guest in this forum. I'm not worthy. May the Force give me a horrible death. BTW why does he look so scared? How many Hail Yoda do I need to speak before I can post on this forum again?

4. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    Don't beat yourself up about it! I've known this ever since I watched the film at the cinema. It was Han Solo's plan, "I've got an idea," and it was Han's voice speaking over the comlink. He's not looking scared. I don't know where you got that one from. He's only holding the communicator over his face merely to disguise himself from the Imperials inside the bunker.

5. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    ""I've got an idea," and it was Han's voice."

Offcourse it Han's voice, you even see him saying it.

6. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    What I meant was, it was Han's voice over the speaker in the Imperial bunker. And it was Han's plan, "I've got an idea." So obviously Han dressed up as the AT-ST pilot to fool the Imperials into coming out. And if you look carefully, you'll also notice it's Harrison Ford's eyes looking over the top of the comlink.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yep, Han was the one who dressed up as an AT-ST pilot.

8. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I didn't figureit out until I was into star wars for a few months [face_laugh] of course I was only 9 :)

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I didn't know that either. [face_blush]

I thought they'd just found a random Imperial and held him at gunpoint.

10. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    What happened to the pilot the Ewoks and Chewie sat on?

11. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Oh sure, next you're gonna tell me there was a rebel dressed-up as a stormtrooper.

Wait a minute...

12. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    I guess that was the pilot that they got the uniform from.

13. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I actually didn't notice that till about a year ago. I was a little embarassed to.

14. Old_Brown_Shoe

Sep 23, 2001
    That still doesn't explain what happened to the pilot! Was he suffocated under Chewbacca's prodigious rear end, his corpse later stripped by Han Solo for an elaborate ruse involving his uniform, and his nude body then dumped in the woods, later to be eaten by feral Ewoks? Cripes, the Interceptor pilot who just missed escaping DSII had a better end than him!

[Edit: This may be the greatest post I have ever submitted :cool: ]

15. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    The AT-ST pilot was probably tied up and items of his uniform removed. Don't forget, you only see part of Solo's face, the helmet, a glove and I think Solo's shoulders (it's been a long time since I watched it). Does that constitute nudity? After the battle, the pilot was probably untied and taken into custody

16. Old_Brown_Shoe

Sep 23, 2001
    So you're trying to tell me the poor sap survived a half-hour of being sat upon by two Ewoks and one adult Wookiee, inside a vehicle that does a lot of bouncing? I don't buy it :p

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    You're telling me you couldn't survive being sat on by a teddy bear or two? :p

18. Old_Brown_Shoe

Sep 23, 2001
    It's not the Ewoks that do it; they're just added weight. It's the great hulking Wookiee over your spine and lungs and other important viscera, which are compressed each time the AT-ST takes a step, and Chewie's inertia keeps him down, compressing you. Then, when the machine plants again, Chewie's body comes down on your guts again. You've gotta break some ribs, at least.

C'mon! They have to subdue the guy to drive the thing, otherwise he could wrest control! Chewie had no qualms about pitching the first pilot from the roof, after all. :p

19. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    After subduing the pilot and taking over the walker, they probably handed the pilot over to the Rebels immediately, taking certain parts of his uniform as they did so.

20. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I think the AT-ST pilot (after getting the smack-down layed on him by a bunch of teddy bears) was tied up and the upper half of his uniform was taken for Han to make the call to inside the base.

After Endor, he would have been arrested and on trial for Imperial war crimes. It would make for an interesting EU storyline...Imperial Nueremberg Trials?

21. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    I doubt that the pilot would have been put on trial, because he was merely a grunt. But the top brass probably would have been, especially the hard liners.

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    We may never know, though...

23. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    I always figured Chewie did a mightly slap on the guy, killing him instantly, like he did to the officer in the control room in the Death Star.

Edit:

If a raging Wookiee is piloting your AT-ST, are you going to say anything? And if his best friend demands your armour, helmet & gloves, are you going to say no?

24. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Maybe Chewie just farted on the AT-ST pilot's head. Are wookie farts toxic? [face_mischief]

25. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Last time I checked they were

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.