main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are Aurra Sing and Assajj Ventress of the same Race?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dolphin_Jedi, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolphin_Jedi

Dolphin_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2004
    Both are similar in appearance, both are pasty white, both are bald, both have Force Sensitivity. Are they of the same race, or is there some other sinister connection?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't believe so- Asajj lacks the extra long fingers that Aurra has.

3. Dolphin_Jedi

Dolphin_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2004
    Perhaps that is only a sub-species cultural deformity that occurs in only every third generation? So infact, they truly are the same race!

4. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Isn't Aurra Ylesian?

5. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Asajj hails from Rattatak; Aurra is of an unknown species, raised on Nar Shaddaa.

6. Nrin

Nrin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Asajj is human.

Aurra , as far as I know its undecided if she's human or not, there was a bit of a fix regarding her antennae in Jedi : Ayla Securra, might be be best to ask at the DH board.

7. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    According to Aurra Sing's Official Databank Entry, her species is "unknown." I believe, however, that it is safe to say she is not human as her distinctive white skin and long, "blood-letting" fingers could be taken to mean to set her apart from the base-line human form and features.

Furthermore, IIRC, there was no "fix" for Aurra's antenna in Jedi: Aayla Secura, it was just chopped off.

Asajj Ventress' Official Databank Entry, on the other hand, does not offer any species information at all. It is all speculation at this point. Again, a bald, chalk-white, female humanoid is not necessarily human just because her general form and features are closest to human form and features. IIRC, from what we see in the Republic comics, the inhabitants of Rattatak were of two varieties: chalk-white-skinned humanoids like Ventress and shark-like humanoids. So, I think it is safer to say the jury is still out on Ventress.

So, in conclusion, current official information leads me to believe that Sing and Ventress are not of the same race and that neither can be officially declare human.

8. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Padmé, Siri, Assajj and Wailu are all the same person...

So yes, she's human! :D :p [face_laugh]

- THe Imperial Ewok

9. dead_morrison66

dead_morrison66 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2004
    If Assajj and Aurra are of the same race, then so is Sly Moore.

10. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    I don't know if you're being facetious or not, but that's just silly.

Sly Moore has been officially noted as Umbaran, given species specific traits, and is visually different from both Aurra Sing and Asajj Ventress.

So we have an unknown (Sing), an unmentioned (Ventress), and an Umbaran (Moore), and it is my contention that none is of the same species/race as the others... but that's just my opinion. ;)

11. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Asaajj is human, she puts on white makeup and shaves her head.

12. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    she puts on white makeup and shaves her head

While the makeup may be true, it seems like everyone from Rattatak is bald, even her mother and her father-

[image=http://img106.exs.cx/img106/6707/nohairmustbite.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.