main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are C-3PO and R2-D2 being phased out of Star Wars?? Do you care??! What can we do??!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by tanjokabri, May 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    C-3PO's and R2-D2's roles in NJO have been steadily decreasing, to the point where C-3PO gets about three lines in an entire book, and R2-D2 is virtually nonexistent...

what's happening to the old droid duo who used to play such a major part in star wars? we never see them together any more... we never get any dialogue between them... the pair we have loved and seen play such a crucial role in the GFFA are no more! :eek: :(

Nooo!!! What can we do??!

Maybe I just need some sleep. :)

2. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    yeah, t really bugs me that we haven't seen anything good for 3P0 or R2 since that book, which one was it? the one were they teamed up with Cole Fardreamer and saved the day.

3. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    That book that you speak of is The New Rebellion.

4. DarthSikle

DarthSikle Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    It's funny to, but i didn't even realize they were missing, guess i don't care to much

5. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
  6. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    "Are C-3PO and R2-D2 being phased out of Star Wars??"

Well, there's only one thing DelRey would never do. They would never mold a younger character into a VERY interesting character and build him up into a hero just to kill him a few books later. Oh... wait...

"Do you care??!"

Yes, but I'm not surprised [face_plain].

"What can we do??!"

Absolutely nothing [face_plain].

This thread is a great idea ;). The same thought had occured to me, and I'm surprised there wasn't a thread about this a LONG time ago.

7. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    I for one am very disturbed, since I think R2 is the real, unsung hero of Star Wars. He has saved all the major butts from being fried countless times, and I was thrilled to see him up to his old tricks in TPM.

See my icon!

8. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Do I care?
    No

9. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    It's sad, in a way, that they were phased out, but it was necessary. I'm much more interested in the other characters in NJO, and their development is more important than the droids, who have been in basically anything with a SW title on it.

10. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I couldn't agree more Darth Tuna!

R2-D2 is the true underdog of Star Wars, never in the spotlight, but always there, ready to save our heros again. I wish that someone will someday write just a page about how Luke is always amazed that R2 managed to save them.

I was glad to see C-3P0 have a role in SbS saving Ben Skywalker, since that was the most action he's seen yet in the NJO.

Also, wouldn't it be great if R2-D2 was the hero of the NJO?

Del Rey can kill Chewie and Anakin, but if they fry R2-D2 I'm gone.

11. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
    i can't agree with people who think it's Ok to phase them out to make way for new human/alien characters... C-3PO and R2 are as important to Star Wars as Luke, Leia, and Han. If they must go, they should do it with a bang... but i don't want them to go, i want them to stay! they were the backbone of the original trilogy and saved our other heroes many times (R2 anyway!)

12. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    They've gone so far, little is left for them. They're quite inflexible beings, droids.

13. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
    you seem very cynical lately, reaperfett

:p

14. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    C3PO-"C'mon artoo, lets go kill some Yuuzhan Vong!"

Not very much like Mr. Threepio IMHO, by choice, I think they are staying away.

15. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    They should have a action scene like in darksaber when c3po blew up the walker

16. DarthLefty

DarthLefty Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    I think they are just hard characters to write, so authors tend to ignore them. i can't remember a book where the author nailed their characters and the relationship the two have. i also think it's very sad. STAR WARS could not have happened without them.

17. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Well there is so much to play with in the NJO. And the pool of charaters is getting bigger. Maybe they're saving screening time for the other charater

18. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    tanjokabri: "Do you care??!"

No. :p

"Maybe I just need some sleep."

I would recommend some, yes. :D ;)

Jedi_Anakin_Solo: "'What can we do??!'

Absolutely nothing."

Now, now. Does anyone here me when I mention the word "Boycott"?? I mean, I've said the stang word like a dozen times just in the past few days!

If a consumer doesn't like a product, for whatever reasons, that consumer can always advocate a boycott against the product!

Sure, a boycott against Star Wars probably won't go anywhere, but you can always try. :D ;)

19. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    I'll do it. I find the NJO getting worst and worst. For stupid reasons. I think it has do with that EPII is coming out soon

20. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Yes I care! R2D2 and C3PO are great characters and favorites of lots of people including myself. I don't know how to get this problem fixed though. Maybe if a bunch of us write to LFL it'll help.

21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Well, there has been progress made with Luke Skywalker and Han and Leia's relationship. Obviously, fans can indeed do something. :)

22. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i care!!!!! theyre my favs. i sure hope they dont kill em off.

23. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
    ok then... we should start a petition to bring back C-3PO and R2-D2... as a pair...

and yeah valyn, i did need sleep :)

24. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Tan: "and yeah valyn, i did need sleep."

Poor guy. :)

25. tanjokabri

Nov 2, 2001
    hey, it was 2:00 AM when i wrote that! I'm entitled to feel sleepy! :)

but i still feel strongly about this topic... oh no, maybe i need more sleep :eek: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.