main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ARE DROIDS LIKE AFRICIAN AMERICANS IN THE 1960's?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Ever notice that no one serves driods. And they all say "Hey! We don't serve their kind here!" Does this remind anyone of the "no Blacks" or "Whites Only" signs taht they posted in resturaunts in America when racial segrigation was happening in the 1950's and such? And if not, why don't they serve driods?

2. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Oh boy! Don't be to hard on him mods. He means well.

3. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    There are SO many different ways you could have worded this topic and it would have been infinitely better.

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    ok, I tried to be sensitive, I was Politically Correct and everything! This is a ligitamite question, please point out to me how I could have wrote it better and while ur at it, answer the topic.

5. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    "Why are droids not treated the same as sentient/living beings in the SW universe?"

Because they are made of metal. Do you say goodbye to your toaster when you leave for work/school in the morning? ;)

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
  7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I've actually heard a greater comparison between the Gungans and African Americans before the Civil Rights Movement, with the whole Meesa phrase supposedly being analogous to Master. I personally don't see it. The Gungan dialect = baby talk, not jive. Word.

8. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Yo, I feel dat. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.