main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are Female jedi more stable than male.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sabrajaguar, Dec 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Before Star By star Jaina Solo was unaruably the most stable of the Solo Children.

Mara Jade Skywalker seems to have a better grip on how to deal with the Yuzzahn Vong than her hubby.

Tenel Ka. Jacen cut off her left arm at the elbow.She got over it.

Tahiri. Abducted and brainwashed by the vong. If this happened to either Ganner, the Solo brothers, or Kyp. Each example would be bouncing of the walls, in resentment or other emotional block.

The only contiualy unstable female jedi I know are, Leia, Alema Rar, and the hotter than I imagined Octa Ramis.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Ummm...it's the same as with non-Jedi -- it depends on the individual. Men and women have different traits, but when it comes to mental stability, it comes down to the individual.

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    The only ones I can agree with you on a Tenel-Ka and Mara Jade. Jaina's always had a darkside tendency IMHO, and Tahiri didn't do that well after he capture.

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Sabra...
    "Mara Jade Skywalker seems to have a better grip on how to deal with the Yuzzahn Vong than her hubby."

!?! ?[face_plain] LOL! Mara's "Jedi solution" to the Vong problem. Because the galaxy saw fit to build their civillization in an extragalactic invasion corridor, it's their own fault - let them deal with it like if they built their homes on a floodplain. [face_plain]

Some Jedi. I think Mara's a good case why New Jedi aren't Jedi at all - and she's far from stable.

5. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    From the looks of DJ, that's all about to change.

6. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Vima-Da-Boda? Daeshara'cor? Tahiri Veila? Lusa? I think we've seen flashes of instability from these four female Jedi.

7. Altima

Altima Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2001
    Family loss is another area where male Force users seem to become more stable than their female counterparts. When Anakin died, Leia went nuts and refused to let go of Ben. However, Luke pulled himself together quickly and took his anger out on a holoprojecter, and with a single blow- despite his grief, he knew he'd have time to grieve later. On the same note, while Jacen puts that same grief aside, Jaina spews barbs at him and Tenel Ka, and then turns to the Dark Side. Never mind the family connections here- when it came down to it, who was the more rational in the aftermath of Anakin's death?

And let's not forget good old Alema. At times, especially when she was battling the Vong, I thought she was Joruus C'baoth-scale insane.

8. mena_lyn

mena_lyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2001
    I don't think this topic has any basis in anything, really...it's different from individual to individual and from situation to situation. You can say Luke is stable all you want, but he's gone to the dark side, like, twice...I don't think gender has any bearing on stability or dark side tendencies.

9. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    This is nuts...it all comes down to personality. I mean, there have been some SERIOUSLY unstable female Jedi...Daeshera'cor, Tahiri (she's had some major issues-read Rebirth), Alema and Numa Rar, and from the looks of it, Jaina...

There are stable male Jedi too...Corran, Kam, and so on...

I dont think that there is anything in gender.

10. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    No jedi are stable. They're just good at faking it.

11. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Gangis
    Thats not her solution! her solution is to help people help themselvs. Thats what she ment to Anakin in DarkTide I

12. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Lonewolfe

Would anyone do well after a brain washing? I just think she's handleing it better than Kyp, or Anakin, or Jacen would.

13. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Vittorian

Lusa was a part of a cult/hate groupeand kidnapt as a child. And we all read how they treated non-humans. Her being screwd up was inevitable.

Tahiri was brain washed.

Hardly ordinary surcumstances even during war time.

Dasha cor fell back into the fold. Much faster than Luke or Kyp.

14. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Altema

Luke is a veteran warrior.

Jacen has inherated most of his Gradpas traits. He can be very ruthless.

not Ruthless evil

ruthless drivin. For a touchy feely Jedi He hacked up a Squad of Bortok assassins with little Qualms.

Before anakins Death did you notice Jaina was always the peacemaker. She always seperated them and told them to chill.

15. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    Well,for one thing aren't there less female Jedi?That would make it kind of hard to compare.

16. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    Funny, some would argue that since women have a tendancy to let out their emotions their control of the Force would vary and in turn their capability to keep a level head would be in question.

There really is no pattern. And even as you would see someone as stable, another person might completely disagree. This is really a matter of opinion.

17. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Jaina the most stable of the three Solo children by SbS? Sorry, I don't think any of them are that stable. And despite the fact that we know already which one will turn, Jaina already seems less stable early in SbS than her brothers. Showing no emotion in a battle may be a good way to insulate yourself when a friend or squad mate dies, but it seems that she takes it to extremes. Plus we see how upset she gets in BP at being injured and taken off the Rogues' flight roster. We see her get even more upset when she is once more battle ready and not put back on the roster. Emotion is still important, but Anakin and Jacen seem more likely to show it than she does. She seems more like a female version of Myn Donos, only more likely to be decent company, during Wraith Squadron.

Sorry, but as has been said, neither gender of Jedi are more likely to be more stable than the other.

18. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Wasn't Donos emotionaly repressive?

19. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Like everybody said: it depends on the individual. Luke was unstable because for a long time he was the only true Jedi. He had a lot of responsibilities.

I'd say the most unstable "Jedi" was Aurra Sing (female). Extremely Force-potent, but ended up as a Jedi killer.

20. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Anakin could take what ever the Vong could throw at him!

21. JediPatrick

JediPatrick Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    I have to say it comes down to the individual as to who is more stable except for about 5 days every month I think chicks are proably pretty apt to turn to the darkside :) .

22. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    I find that comment rather offensive, JediPatrick. [face_plain]

23. Altima

Altima Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2001
    Luke is a veteran warrior.

And Leia isn't? What about her fighting off stormtroopers left and right in the Death Star, Cloud City, and Endor? Her fight with the Hutt Jedi in Planet of Twilight (awful a book as it is, it has to be mentioned)? Her miniscule training with Luke? And her diplomatic skills- certainly if Borsk could keep a straight face in front of the Yuuzhan Vong as his life was being endangered, surely Leia could.

Jacen has inherated most of his Gradpas traits. He can be very ruthless.

More opinion than logic, but I'll accept it. Assuming Jacen's inherited most of Anakin Skywalker's traits, why isn't he taking the quicker side to things? I.e., turning to the Dark Side? He's strongheaded, sure, and he killed many in Dark Tide and Balance Point, but all those times, he was using self-defense against either himself or his mother, no? And if Jacen is so ruthless, then Jaina must be absolutely amoral. Jaina destroys coralskippers not because they come at her, but because they're coming at other people- the same reason Jacen attacks.

not Ruthless evil

ruthless drivin. For a touchy feely Jedi He hacked up a Squad of Bortok assassins with little Qualms.

The same "ruthless drive" can be said for all Jedi in this time period, not just males or females. When you've got a nigh-invincible enemy trying to pound the living crap out of your friends, you're not just going to "remain focused." To survive, you have to keep going. I'm guessing that's what you mean by ruthlessly driven. And for the touchy-feely Jedi she was in YJK, Jaina certainly had no problem "vaping some skips" in Dark Tide and frying Yuuzhan Vong with Force Lightning.

Before anakins Death did you notice Jaina was always the peacemaker. She always seperated them and told them to chill.

So merely because the argument was between two male Jedi, another Jedi who just happens to be female must be stabler. You think Luke or Corran or even Kam Solusar would just lay back and let the argument keep going? Of course not. Jacen and Anakin were questioning their use of the Force- Jaina wasn't. She sits back in her X-wing and lets her laser cannons do the deciding for her. You following me? Since Jaina has given seemingly no thought at all to the way she uses the Force thus far, other than demonstrating a pride in it (see Onslaught), it's natural that she'll be the sibling that breaks up an argument over it. Not because she's female, but because she happens to be the most neutral among them. Whether or not you find being neutral a fault, at a time like this and in a case like this, is up to you. Personally, I think that's the reason Jaina was so susceptible to the Dark Side. She doesn't question or contemplate the nature of the Force, and Jacen questions it so far as to take a hiatus from it. Who ends up using Palpatine's Force Lightning skill?

24. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Altima

while most of what you say makes sense.
    Leia has done much for the Galaxy but J.L Picard is more of a warrior than she is.

Leia is more of a diplomat.

25. amarice77

amarice77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Ok guys..it all boils down to this: women are much better dealers with pain.
    Yep..ya heard me right. The gals go through pregnacies (and I'm telling ya, the experience isn't all light and cheery) AND menopause. Not just these; PMS, period pains, the occasional @$$h0*%$ that we call men who ever so consistently plague our lives with their obsessions with sports, beer and more sports. NOW you tell me who has it easier. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.