main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are figures hard to find in different parts of the country?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by BKK, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Hey all, after my own expieriences with the Original Trilogy Collection, and now somewhat with the Saga line, I thought I'd bring this question up. I'd like to talk about the Saga line specifically but feel free to bring up other product lines. I'm sure everybody here can relate to this and has seen numerous examples where one person says, "I can't find X figure" and then someone else posts "I've found them everytime I go into a store" etc...

What I am wondering is do you guys [or gals :p] think there is any correlation between figures being abundant in any certain part of the U.S or no? For example I live in Iowa City and there are 2 cities close by that I can check for figures. Even with about 10 stores that sell SW toys I still have a hard time finding a lot of the figures, for example these are the harder to find figures in my area:

Saga figs:

Wave 1-

Boba Fett

Wave 2-

Darth Vader
    R2
    Power Droid

Wave 3-

Scorch Trooper
    Jango Fett
    Sora Bulq

Now as you can see some of these might be commonplace, obviously I've seen everybody clamoring for a Scorch Trooper, but I've rarely read someone complaining about the lack of R2's. I'm hoping to get a good response here and see if there's anything to certain figures being easier to find in certain parts of the country. It'd be great if everybody could list:

1. What city they live in
    2. What figures are hard to come by in their area [doesn't matter what line]
    3. How many stores are in your area
    4. Have you always had a problem or do you think it started within the last couple of years?

^ The main reason I skipped the ROTS line was because I got pissed at not being able to find the OTC, then the Transitional figs.

So what say you guys, anything to this or no? Personally I think there's a little bit of a factor, if only because for the OTC, 7" Unleashed, and now the Saga line I've seen far to many people [on both sides] say that the same figures are abundant and hard to find.

2. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I live in Altamonte Springs, FL. It's just outside of Orlando. There's a bunch of places to go to, but I really only have the time to hit the two Targets and Wal-Marts closest to me. I also hit TRU and KB occasionally. The figures from the Saga collection that I can't find are the ones you listed, except for the Power droid which I've seen a few times lately. It's always been hard to find certain figures out of every collection, but it's been much worse the past two years. Scalping is bad around here.

3. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was looking for. Though in my part of the country I think it's got more to do with not getting certain figures, or more accurately, not a whole bunch of them anyways. I don't think we get a lot of people scalping here, or at least here in Iowa City. Only reason I say that is because out of the odd 10-12 stores I go to you would think I'd get lucky at least a couple of times here and there. It'd be different if the stores either didn't have space allocated for the figs, or if I just never saw the same figures everybody else was having a hard time finding. Hell there's probably some collector in Alaska going, "what's the big deal, Scorchtrooper is a peg warmer here" :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.