main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are mavericks in the jedi order overepresented in movies,comics and books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by goraq, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    Opinions?

2. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Is the Empire over-represented as colorless?

Are droids over-represented as comedians?

Are aliens over-represented as special just because they are alien?

We get stories the way we do because I've yet to hear about "Star Wars: The Humble Life" coming out in any format.

Humdrum stories about people going about their lives is something that fans can certainly imagine, even create to great detail from the pieces gleaned over the years...but the stories themselves are about the fantastic...the unique...the "mavericks", and the universe changers.

Even in the simpler "life of" books...like the X-wings or the RC books...we get a extraordinary version of things...because that's just what Star Wars is about.

You may as well ask if excitement is over-represented.

3. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Please no. Especially not if it was anything like The Simple Life. Just no. No. NO. [face_shame_on_you]

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Not really.

Mavericks in the Jedi Order: Anakin Skywalker, Qui Gon Jinn, Kyp Durron, Quilan Vos, Cade Skywalker

Traditionalist Jedi: Mace Windu, Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Corran Horn (ironically), Leia Organa Solo, Saba Sebatyne, Zayne Carrick (bizarrely), Mara Jade Skywalker, Aalya Secura, Tholme, Shado, Wolf

Bizarrely, the Mavericks are outnumbered by the traditionalists in main protagionists

5. goraq

May 15, 2008
    ,,Tholme,,
    Tholme was actualy a bit of a maverick.
    Another maverick is Kota.

6. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Eh, Luke's originally a bit of a maverick until he redefines what "traditional" is as being the first of the new Jedi.

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    There's a difference between bending the rules and ignoring them.

Kota would qualify though.

Then again, he's pretty much a Jedi by name only.

8. DarthUr

DarthUr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Well, I mean, traditionalists have to outnumber mavericks. Otherwise how mavericky could the mavericks really be?

9. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I'd think Tholme did some ignoring of rules though...

"Don't worry T'ra Saa. We can have a relationship because you should live longer than me! See, I don't have to be afraid of losing you and attachments being an issue. Now If you'll excuse me, I have to go explain to Khaleen that she can't have a relationship with Vos."

"Quinlan should be a Jedi. Nevermind he's "too old" to begin training and has already formed attachments and experienced his mothers Death. I'll just start training him here and then the council will have to let him be a Jedi."

Tholme seemed to spend quite a bit of time away from Coruscant doing what he thought he should do.

10. goraq

May 15, 2008
    ,,Well, I mean, traditionalists have to outnumber mavericks. Otherwise how mavericky could the mavericks really be?,,
    I said overerpresented.

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

You know, you could talk a bit more in that opening post. Cite an example, like Djinn Altis. Something than "opinions." Hook the crowd in...

12. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    In regards to post-Purge Jedi, I think it's not at all unreasonable to see the majority being mavericks and rule-breakers. To quote myself from here:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.