main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are moderators above the rules?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Ree Yees, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Thankfully you're letting off steam rather than methane.

2. Lobot_Omy

Lobot_Omy Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 2001
    Heh, heh. I do that too sometimes, but only over PMs and to people whom I truly adore. :D

3. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    it has been issues relating to preferential and derogatory treatment which have caused a good 90% of JC problems in the 18months since I have been here.
    Shocking numbers you have there! I'm interested as to how this study was conducted, where the control group was, and how this compares to other studies in this remarkable field of study! Could you please enlighten us not-so-scientific members of the community as to how you found these statistics?

4. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    You can use statistics to prove anything, 9 out of 10 people know that.

5. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I think there's a 1 in 2 chance that 75% of statistics are made up on the spot.

AYBABTU?

6. Spike_Spiegal

Mar 11, 2002
    Did you know 8 out of 10 new threads fail in their first hour? I'm speaking of threads like this one.

7. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Hi everyone. :)

I'm not trying to offend anyone at all, but I think that one mod in particular (who I am most dissatisfied with and who should be 'demoted' immediately for his appalling behaviour towards everyone who visits the JC) has caused exactly 89.3245% of the problems in the 14 months since I've been here. That's an overwhelming figure, and if you compare it to my findings in an imaginary study of another message board which I just conducted in my head, there is clearly issues which need to be addressed immediately. I won't go into the details of this study because, as we all know, it never took place. However, I don't really like to name names as I don't feel it will solve anything, but with any luck, my imprecise ramblings will bring a satisfactory conclusion to this problem. Perhaps if I give you 20 questions to find which mod I'm refering to? That would be fun. :) I'm not trying to be horrible to any of the mods, but I really hate the person who I'm thinking of and I hope he dies a painful death. :) Oh yeah, and in future mods, when you get the urge to dole out stinging remarks, put a smiley face in the most inappropriate place, just like I do. :)

8. Spike_Spiegal

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm not trying to offend anyone at all, but I think that one mod in particular (who I am most dissatisfied with and who should be 'demoted' immediately for his appalling behaviour towards everyone who visits the JC) has caused exactly 89.3245% of the problems in the 14 months since I've been here

Dude, Barry isn't a mod.

9. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Hey! I'm sacasitic, I'm cruel! He could be talkign about me!

Uh.. hey,.. barns! You.. smell.. funny... yeah!
    See? See!

10. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000

I'm not trying to offend anyone at all, but I think that one mod in particular (who I am most dissatisfied with and who should be 'demoted' immediately for his appalling behaviour towards everyone who visits the JC) has caused exactly 89.3245% of the problems in the 14 months since I've been here.

Wow, and I was only given colors two weeks ago :eek: It's great to know that I'm making such a big difference in such a short time :D

11. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    No, I'm not talkign about you farraday, but I might be at the same time. I don't want to be cruel and name names you see. :)

12. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    You just enjoy being the unconstructive troll?

13. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Exactly! Making up fake :) numbers and not naming names is one of the most unhelpful things a member :) can do on these forums! :)

14. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    I see. This is very interesting. By this logic, the Administration should ban the person you are mocking, regardless to any sort of "Good job!", "Hey buddy!", or "I'm your man!" sort of attitude.

15. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
  16. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    It's times like this where I miss you as a mod, Joel. ;)

17. Internet_Drama

Internet_Drama Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2001
    Hello, friends.

18. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    You were late again, Drama. You're slipping, buddy.

19. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Has anyone else noticed that "Internet Drama" is an anagram for "Dan are tent rim?" ?[face_plain]

Coincidence? I think not...

20. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    The first one I came up with was:

Dan rear men ***.

(let them figure it out - :) )

21. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Why do I never get any credit? :(

ram It teen dan

r

22. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Wow, and I was only given colors two weeks ago It's great to know that I'm making such a big difference in such a short time

Don't be so hard on yourself :(

Everyone knows its Sturm's fault :p

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    It'd be awesome if I could think a sarcastic response that was bolth antognizing and within the rules right now.

But I can't. Oh well.

24. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Yo mama, yo mama!

We hover over the rules, sometimes dipping into them to get rid of pesky trolls and unwanted riff raff.

25. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Sometimes we abuse our powers to make subtle changes to other people's posts.Other times, we blatantly edit posts in an attempt at levity or humor. If I do it, it's a massive failure, but I've come to accept my position as whupping boy of the ModSquad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.