main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are pictures of kissing now prohibited?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Saint_of_Killers, Aug 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    SoK...you could also show the other pic in your victory dance. :p

//banned

mac, my point is that this being the 21st century...the views and prejudisms of the 40's & 50's should have ended.

But throughout the 80's & 90's...it stayed strong towards Homosexuals.

We have to accept the fact that people are allowed to like the same sex.

But also, my point was this: If the JC banner is going to flaunt a kiss...then it should be allowed to be posted anywhere...no matter who was in the picture.

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999

[image=http://images.allposters.com/images/74/039_44161_a.jpg] - [color=blue][b]"We'll be giving out the award for "Most Overused Cliche of This Thread" to "This is the Nth Century" in a moment. But first, please give it up for Britany, Madonna and Christina as they sing their version of "Like a Virgin..."[/b][/color][hr][/ul]

3. Vader666

Vader666 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 3, 2003
    Who cares about the 21st century...

Whose the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows him?

4. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah, all those fools like Martin Luther King jr.

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Saint, August 23rd was the 40th Anniversary of King's "I Have A Dream Speech."

There have to be some examples that aren't so last week.

6. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    any links to these two kissing??? pm me!!! :D :D :D

7. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    French-kissing pictures are not appropriate on a family board.

1) Wha?!

2) You have to be 13 to post here, and I'm pretty sure that 13 year olds have seen french-kissing.

3) Since when are two people kissing considered offensive and not something for kids to see?

4) On the off chance that a kid is sitting in mommy or daddy's lap while they're posting, it's the parent's responsibility to not open a thread if they don't want their kid to see it.

5) To reitterate: Wha?!

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

8. Jedi-Washington

Jedi-Washington Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    a mod said earlyer that lucas films has requested that this place stay family friendly or they will shut it down by lawsuit correct me if im wrong on that) so i say be on the safe side. because i know that all of us want this place here. :)

9. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, LFL needs to get over here and tell us what "family friendly" means. Whose family do we go by? If we go by mine, it'll be dull around here. If we go by my best friend's, then we'll be talking about sex, drugs, etc.

How about the Osbourne's?

I say, if network TV has it, so should we, and that means just about everything under the sun.

Don't leave me.
    Don't ignore me.
    Don't kill me!

10. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    yes... the 'family friendly' Waltons arent real!!! 'Married with children' hits closer to home! :D

11. Hob

Hob Jedi Master star 3

Aug 10, 2003
    Crap, Jefffffff, you almost got yourself a 200+ Comms post. I never thought you could pull it off.

12. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    GUYS GUYS GUYS.

I think it's pretty clear what's up:

#1. WE ARE IN A CHILDLIKE FORUM.

You mean the Child Like Forum where I can go into the JCC and see a thread titled:"I found a Pubic Hair in my Fries at Arbys"?

You mean threads titled: "Disney's Gay Day"?

I've seen referneces to Cyber Sex and all that other stuff. If this is a childlike forum then why are we required to be 13 or over to join? 13 Year Olds aren't necessarily kids. ;)

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    You have to be over 13 to post. There's no age limit to being able to view the boards, since it's a public forum.

*shrugs* I'm not going to state any view on the matter. I just thought I'd like to explain what I see as the Administration's viewpoint on the 13-year old vs. family friendly thing.

Carry on.

14. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    Sapient, well done.

15. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    The 13 year age limit is mandated by law for us (see the recent ModSquad Update for info on that). The Family Friendly bit is an internal decision by the owners of this site at the behest of LFL.

They are two seperate issues. One could get us in significant legal trouble (including possible criminal charges), while the other could also get the board in significant legal trouble (through civil lawsuits). The owners have decided to set the standards with a significant margin of error so that it is far less likely that we ever encounter such legal trouble from either source.

A violation of either one could potentially cause the board to be shut down. TFN is under constant, close scrutiny because we are such a large and well-known Star Wars website. Because of that, we are held (and hold ourselves) to the highest standards.

At the same time, there are some concessions made. For example, the Senate exists to provide an area for some discussions of a more mature nature. In that forum, controversial topics can be explored where they would not otherwise be allowed.

Are we perfect in administering these rules and guidelines? No, we aren't. But we try to do the best that we can, and be consistent. We really only have the best interests of the boards at heart.

Kimball Kinnison

16. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    regardless, this is still a family oriented board, age or not. My children are grown and gone, and I like family G-PG websites; don't have to deal with the non-PG stuff of real life. It's very refreshing not to have all the other stuff here, since I deal with non-PG stuff all day.

17. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    well done SOK

way to work the system

18. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    About the award for most overused cliche . . . this isn't the 20th Century, people. [face_plain]

19. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    I am shaking my bootay, as we speak.

((_|_))

Edit: why is this thread still here? We won. The thread has done its job. This should probably be closed before Josh shows up and ruins everything.

20. DARTH_MALL-GUARD

DARTH_MALL-GUARD Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2003
    just. plain. hilarious.

Saps, although I usually disagree with 99% of the things you do here, it is good to see you got one thing right...

As for YodaJeff, I will give you your due for doing what you thought was right and trying to back it up, but one thing that I have learned is that when you are wrong/proven wrong, admit it...

21. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    ATTN: nearest admin

lock this stat please

Edit: Mall, no need to apologise, I just wanted this locked before they changed their minds ;)

22. DARTH_MALL-GUARD

DARTH_MALL-GUARD Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2003
    Sorry Saint, I'm just giving my opinion, this discussion has been done and probably should be locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.