main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are PT fans favored over OT fans?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Garrett Atkins, May 25, 2013.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    You can bash what you like if it's relevant to the topic being discussed, obviously derailing is not normally permitted (although in the Ep VII forums I see no issue with talking about the EU since the EU may be relevant to almost all post-ROTJ discussion) and neither should insulting other posters be.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think it was in a EU thread and on topic. Of course, maybe she shouldn't have added a Calvin and Hobbes drawing where Calvin was dressed like Luke Skywalker and was urinating on the word "Callista" (like the decals you see on cars).

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah... that may have been what actually did it...

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep... something like that might do it.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Jedi_Lover like this.
  5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Pretty much. I can't speak for EP VII since I haven't been there in a while.

6. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Still unresolved?

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    No, it was resolved. I was just wondering if there was a change in TOS since it appeared to be stricter about character bashing in the past.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'd say we're pretty strict on images of Calvin peeing on stuff.

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I'll make a note of that. :p

jcgoble3 and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  10. man of steel

man of steel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    PK EDIT: This is not helpful to the discussion.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Good to see Commas hosting some robust debate...

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  12. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Thats a good story.

Stick with that.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  13. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Sx3 closed my "Owen Lars" thread because it was supposedly Prequel bashing, yet Anakin_Darth's thread from a few months ago wasn't? Hmmmm....

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If you have a complaint about a specific moderator's action, please contact that moderator directly, or an administrator if you feel uncomfortable contacting the moderator in question.

15. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    that Owen Lars thread did seem to smack of "oooh what else can we bash about the PT, now Jar Jar has been done to death?".

Not that it was probably your intent Garrett,

but someone on youtube having a negative opinion on something? that's nothing new,

And Owen was insignificant in the PT anyway and hardly (imo) warrants his own thread negative or positive.

16. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    But that's the point here, is it not? Negative opinions of the films are as valid as postive ones. To those that say, it's just another what can we bash about the PT thread my answer would be, so what?

Does a person not have that right here?

And why shouldn't Garret relate his experience here, that's the point of this thread.

17. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    normally I'd agree with that (as I have under my other account throughout this thread and others)

but to me there is a difference between nitpicking and major negative aspects that should be disscussed.

If we are to change things in this thread so that both positive and negative threads can co-exist, there needs to be some middle ground, I'm all for debating negative things in either trilogy IF it is a passionate grievance about a plot point or character, but allowing nitpicking threads isn't the way to convince administration of changing their opinions.

18. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Why is it nitpicking, because it's a minor character? Good use of minor characters can make a movie.

Personally, I find the Lars storyline to be very problematic. It hurts the saga as a whole.

19. Merkual

Jun 3, 2013
    well I concede to that point after re-reading the first post of that thread.

To me Lars did nothing but stand there with about twolines of generic dialogue and thats it, so I consider him just a background character myself but bleh.

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This thread is so entertaining [face_laugh]