main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Are Senators forced to stay at the Senate?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by zico291, Mar 18, 2016.

1. zico291

zico291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2016
    Hi Fans,

I have often wandered if Senators are forced to stay at the Senate on Coruscant, we know that Bail Organa and Orn-Free Tarr spend 90% of there time at the Senate. Obviously they are allowed to visit the planet they represent.

I guess really my main question is: Are Senators allowed to spend there time representing there planet on there planet, or do they have to represent at the Senate?

I assume they would have to travel to the Senate for votes etc. Would they not be allowed to do so via Holo like the Jedi Council do?

Now it could be that I am missing something obvious but I would really like an answer from the community here.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I think they stay at the Senate Hotel 6. They leave the lightsaber on for you.

3. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Padme and Palpatine are both shown as having apartments on Coruscant, which does suggest that they spend most of their time on Coruscant.

AshiusX likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    When the Senate requires a full legislative body, then the senators need to be there. We know this isn't entirely necessary because at the start of AOTC, Padme is returning to Coruscant from Naboo. So while they have residences on Coruscant, such as 500 Republica, they also commute back and forth between their home worlds and the galactic capital.

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I don't think they're forced, but I think that it's expected for them to show up for work when there's a vote, or an important address from the Chancellor or other VIP.

...Unlike a certain real life Senate. [​IMG]

6. zico291

zico291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

7. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    From what we have seen in AOTC and ROTS, Senetors spend most of their time at the Senate. I think GL had that model based on the US Senate, in that they spend most of their time in D.C. and mainly only come back to their respectable states, when they need to raise money for their campaigns or a crisis happen in their home state.