Are Sourcebooks worth buying for a Minis player and which one is the best?

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Ki-Adi-Mundi_33, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ki-Adi-Mundi_33 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Which Sourcebook is the best for a minis player? Are they good for minis players? And yes I know GoI is not out yet. Just wanted to put it there because it looked interesting. And what I'm looking for is to run a minis campaign, maybe?

Thanks
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    None of the books are necessary for playing miniatures. They don't deal with any minis rules what-so-ever. If you want to run a campaign you're better off looking for the Ultimate Missions books or talking to people who have run them before.

The books are interesting in their own right, but don't have anything to do with minis.
  3. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    Daj is right, minis in this game are used for the visual factor and not much else.

I'm a GM and have no idea how to olay the minis game.
  4. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    West End Games published a minis book, but probablly not helpful if you want to use WotC's minis system.
    Now, if you want a completely different minis game, you could use WotC minis with the WEG game--a stormtrooper is a stormtrooper is a stormtrooper, and an officer is an officer after all.
  5. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    If you want to graduate from tactical gaming to roleplaying, then yes...the SW Saga Core book.

As I understand, although the two use very similar systems, there is just enough to make them incompatible. Like, you can't just take a statblock from Scum & Villainy and use it in minis. You'd have to do some unofficial conversion, which would require the SW Saga Core book. At that point, you might as well just play the roleplaying game.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.