main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the Audio CD Books Any Good?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hugh_Jass, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugh_Jass

Hugh_Jass Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I'm just curious if these are worth buying. They keep on staring at me on my Amazon wishlist.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got the audio cassettes of Dark Empire & Dark Empire II. I thoroughly enjoyed them since they are full-cast audio dramas as opposed to an author just reading the book.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    The Audio Books and Audio Dramas are really two seperate things; the former being read by someone, while the latter utilizes a full cast.

I enjoy a few of the audio books, but generally I prefer to read them myself, and most ( unless noted ) are severely abridged.

4. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I enjoyed the RotS audiobook. One reader, but I think he did quite well. Comes with sound effects and music also.

5. Hugh_Jass

Hugh_Jass Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    Hmm, the audio drama sounds interesting. Thanks y'all. ;)

6. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    I wonder if abridged CDs of Luceno's work would actually cut out those annoying lists? [face_thinking] Might be an example of where an abridged work is better than the regular novel.

7. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    The Dark Forces audio dramas are pretty good. Kyle even sounds the same as in Jedi Outcast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.