main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are the bean counters at Disney going to ruin this movie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Sith-Mullet, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Mullet

Sith-Mullet Jedi Master star 3

Aug 2, 2003
    Strange things are a foot at camp Disney. What are your thoughts on the bean counters at Disney trying to rush the movie? Do you think that the movie will suffer because it will be trying to play catch up?

Jedi_Lantern likes this.
  2. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    They haven't ruined Pixar or Marvel. However this has stopped fans from calling that the sky is falling. Oh, in before the lock. :rolleyes:

The Hellhammer and TheBBP like this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Just as an example:

The Avengers (arguably a very big and important tentpole for Disney) began production in April 2011. It premiered April 11th 2012 even with post-production 3D conversion. All of these big Marvel movies seem to take a year-ish from beginning of filming to premier.

Chill.

Ryus likes this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I think an August 2015 release date would not be a rush.....should be plenty of time .....however May could be a stretch & why would they put it in May anyway " Avenger 2 "..............IN B-4 THE LOCK [face_pig][face_skull]

StoneRiver, Ryus and TheBBP like this.
  5. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I think you may be on to something. Especially something as massive as a Star Wars movie. If it sucks like the last Indy movie both the fans and the stockholders are going to be wicked pi$$ed.

6. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    What "something" is he on? Go research how movies are done today. Nothing is being rushed.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  7. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I've been trying to figure out if JediKnightOB1 mean the opening post was onto something or chris hayes with the August instead of May comment. Since the posting never talks about rushing, just that there will be consiquences if it's bad which could be viewed as they won't rush since it could lower the quality and therefore August like chris hayes suggested...

I don't know... maybe I over read what was meant. If agreeing with the opening post I disagree like you do, but it was meant as to a release date being August and not May, I don't know. Nice theory though, giving them 'more' time but still keeping things most on track.

8. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I've been saying August '15 for a while now. Too many other big movies around May, June and July '15. August is pretty open.
    But in regards to the OP - Chillax dude, it's all good.

9. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Strange things are afoot at camp Disney? Yeah? Like what?
    This sort of vague and baseless fear-mongering is getting rather tiresome.

10. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Nope they won't "ruin this movie"... or I should state "no more than they restrict/limit every other movie in production". If Ep VII does get "ruined" (however we define that) it will JJ and KK's responsibility.

11. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Can't say it any better...move along

12. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Can't see there will be any problems. Maybe a bit of butthurt here and there with casting choices, but that didn't pan out too badly for TDK with Heath Ledger. We know zip at the mo, nothing to panic about.

13. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I think you have a valid concern but the thing is we just don't have enough information to determine whether or not that is actually going on. There's no evidence that anyone is rushing or pressuring anyone else. All that we really have is a lot of confusion and disappointment over the fact that there has been virtually nothing announced regarding E7. However, that does not imply things behind the scenes are going poorly

14. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    This. I wish we'd know just a little bit more so we all could be a lot less worried.

15. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Kathleen Kennedy requested the movie's release be moved to 2016 and was denied, enough said.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Can't say it any better... move along.

Boba_Fat83 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.