main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the Events of Jedi Outcast 2 in any of the books?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JMaster Luke, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I got JO2 and finished it today. And i was wondering if any of the events of JO1 or 2 are in any of the books. Not a book about the game but well for example in JO2 the bad guy attacks the Jedi Academy. And destroys alot of it. This takes place i think 9yrs after ROTJ. i've only read up to the JEdi Search trilogy which i think is 7yrs after ROTJ. do the later books ever mention that the Academy was attacked before. or that kyle katarn saved it?

What about the dark Jedi from both games. were they ever mentioned in any of the books?

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Jedi Outcast 2?! I wish there were such a thing. :D

Nope, all we have is the game itself. Hopefully we'll get something like the original Jedi Knight graphic novels . . . I just hope they aren't as expensive.

And we should recieve an expansion pack for Jedi Outcast sometime. It's a popular game, getting pretty good-to-great ratings all around. They would be stupid not to make an expansion.

3. DarthFALCON

DarthFALCON Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    JO is a great game and i have not heard any thing in any books but it will most likely come up in a book sometime.

4. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    And we should recieve an expansion pack for Jedi Outcast sometime. It's a popular game, getting pretty good-to-great ratings all around. They would be stupid not to make an expansion.

The expansion is being worked on already. You go after a certain disgraced dark sider from JO.

5. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    I KNEW she'd come back ;)

6. DarthFALCON

DarthFALCON Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    I thought she might, but if there is gonna be a big grand finale fighting her she better know how to fight better than Desann!!

Ps he was easy (Jedi Knight difficulty).

7. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    In my mind it conflicts continuity actually. The rouges at this point are skirmishing with Pellaeon's Remnent, with the help from the 2 and 3 fleets.

8. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    i love JO, but it was too easy! beat it in a day and a half! expansion pack plz!

9. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    chissdude10 we agree! Waht was Mon Mothma doing there anyways? DIdn't she retire? What was she doing in intelligence in any case?

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    In my mind it conflicts continuity actually. The rouges at this point are skirmishing with Pellaeon's Remnent, with the help from the 2 and 3 fleets.

JO is loose enough in its time period to be put in either right before or right after that.

As for Mon Mothma, she'd retired from being Chief of State at that point, but was still working with the NR. And since Kyle and Jan weren't officially in NRI, they required an "unofficial" liason. Mothma just picked up where she'd left off the last time Kyle worked for the NR. As long as she isn't in a NJO-era Kyle story, by which point she's dead, I don't see any continuity problems surrounding her involvement.

11. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "As long as she isn't in a NJO-era Kyle story, by which point she's dead, I don't see any continuity problems surrounding her involvement."

Easy enough fix, for that if it happened. NRI, made her disapear into deep undercover work. Said she was dead, and gave her a new idenity when she is in public and she still secretly works for them.

That sort of thing can happen, in real life, and especially for people the fbi are trying to protect.

But let's hope LFL continuity editors are on their toes.

12. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    "Easy enough fix, for that if it happened. NRI, made her disapear into deep undercover work. Said she was dead, and gave her a new new idenity when she is in public and she still secretly works for them."

Not really, no.

Shortly before the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong, she passed away peacefully in her sleep.

-New Essential Guide to Characters, page 120

That doesn't exactly leave a lot of question ;).

13. Draethe

Draethe Jedi Master star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    I want an expansion!

JO has great lightsaber and force powers but the level design on average sucked. Ive seen alot better from Raven.

Need an expansion with a good story and more emphasis on nice design like the good old days.

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Shortly before the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong, she passed away peacefully in her sleep.

-New Essential Guide to Characters, page 120

That doesn't exactly leave a lot of question."

Like I said if lucasarts messed up the fix that she was said to be dead and then given a new name in public would work.

NEGTC is an-inuniverse document, so from the historians point of view, she died, because that was the news they were given by the government. If and I say if, a NJO game messed up, and made mon mothma alive. Then the easy way out of it is that historians have a view of history based on the information that the goverment spread to cover up the fact that mon mothma is alive secretly.

Believe me if there was a need for you to disappear, to protect your life, any goverment could falsify your death. They could get the news to broadcast that you died(and a story of how you died), and the obituaries would show that you died as well.

As for props to pull off a funeral... An empty closed, and locked casket at the funeral, or an urn full of ash would work to make it look like you died. Then all that would be needed is to give you a new identity and move you to a safe house in some little known suburb where you can live out a normal life protected, at least until it's safe for you to take back your original identity.

So yes the fix can still work, but let's hope that lucasarts doesn't mess up.

15. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Here's hoping they leave the poor woman dead. She's done enough in her lifetime, Kyle and Jan can get on without her.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I agree. Though a nice inspirational story about her writing out her memoirs of her life right before she dies, and her dreams for the future after she is gone, would be a nice. A kind of memorial story for one of the key members of the rebellion.

17. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    The rouges at this point are skirmishing with Pellaeon's Remnent, with the help from the 2 and 3 fleets.

Yes but the Rogues were assisting Kyle Katarn and the Jedi Academy. ;) Seems to me that they could easily be called off what they're doing if Yavin IV is in trouble. After all, the Jedi Academy is more important than Pellaeon's Imperial Remnant.

18. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Ah, but read the preface readme document, it shows the rouges working with the NRI on this same issue.

19. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    Yeah and in the game Kyle Katarn contacted Rogue Squadron and told them what was up. All they had to do was inform NRI what was up and then the New Republic would send forces (along with Rogue Squadron) to back Skywalker's academy up. We do see a lot of NR soldiers on Yavin IV, so Rogue Squadron wasn't the only backup that was there.

20. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I find it hard to think RS could be just "called" by someone not even of rank in the NR. Their were 1000 free squadrens he could of got. Im sorry, I see your point and that it works, but it's a lame job those people did at Lucasarts to fit this in continuity.

21. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    I find it hard to think RS could be just "called" by someone not even of rank in the NR. Their were 1000 free squadrens he could of got. Im sorry, I see your point and that it works, but it's a lame job those people did at Lucasarts to fit this in continuity.

Hey, I know what you mean. I can see how Kyle could have connections with Rogue Squadron, but it would have been smarter for him to contact the NR first and then have them contact Rogue Squadron with a new mission.

I'd much rather have seen Wraith Squadron, considering they are an Intelligence team. It would've fit better and we'd get to hear the Wraiths.

22. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Despite all this it should be a Yuuzhan Vong expansion, just like there should have been for galactic battlegrounds!

23. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Adding Rogue Sqadron into the game was not a lame job.

Like Coop said, JO is so loose it can fit in before or after the Rogue's campaign against the Empire . . . the same Empire Kyle is fighting.

24. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah, except I am very disapointed on the lack of understanding LA puts into their game time periods. Can it fit? Of course, but I rather have it more clearly dispalyed.

25. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    So you'd rather something of the calibur of Mysteries of the Sith?

Hmm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.