main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the Imperial Dignitaries in ROTJ homosexuals?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Blur, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    another thing palpatine doesnt have the type of voice gay people have which is usually less deep,

Yeah - Ian McKellan has a really high voice. [/sarcasm]

g

2. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    The Dignitaries were both men and at least one woman. Although, I don't think I'd enter her into a beauty contest in a hurry! :p And no, Palpatine does not bat for "the other team"!

3. KiAdiMonday

KiAdiMonday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2003
    My friends and I always laugh at the gay connotations you can apply to the following lines.
    Vader: "I have felt him"
    Palps: "Strange that I have not"

(BTW I'm gay myself - just in case anyone thinks I'm having a dig)

Back on topic
    Men wearing makeup used to be seen as the height of masculinity (think 17th century), a pale complexion was considered more attractive so men and women would powder their faces. So you can't always apply modern connotations/interpretations.

Given Palps' complexion perhaps, during the latter years of his reign, the fashion in the Imperial court was to whiten your face to imitate/flatter the Emperor.

4. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    No, no, no, no...NO!!! Palpatine has not got a pale complexion because of makeup (well, not in the story, anyway). He's got a pale complexion because the Dark Side has drained his essence from his body.

5. KiAdiMonday

KiAdiMonday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2003
    No, no, no, no...NO!!! Palpatine has not got a pale complexion because of makeup (well, not in the story, anyway). He's got a pale complexion because the Dark Side has drained his essence from his body.

I never said he did. Read my post again I was saying that around the Imperial court a pale face may be fashionable because of Palps' complexion.

6. Zethlin_Maximus

May 31, 2003
    Oh, I see now. But maybe they too use limited dark force powers like the Royal Guard. This might be the reason for their skin being pale as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.