main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

are The jedi Monopolists

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sabrajaguar, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Or perhaps he views her possible death as a necessary "sacrifice"?

I think that great-uncle - or whatever their relationship will eventually revealed to be - Jacen could be pretty proud of his relative...

2. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I could see this IF there was another choice...a younger boy or girl Fel but there isn't. I'm guessing he wants his bloodline to continue holding the throne. To realize that his own offspring is not strong enough to lead the people of his Empire after his death would actually be a pretty noble act.....not something an evil bastard is likely to think......someone with the moral fiber that you are describing would want the name "Fel" to inspire loyalty and fear for 1000 years.

Carnage

3. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Actually sicne Jacen believe's his actions are preventing the galaxy seen in legacy Fels actions would probably drive him into deep depression, it the knowledge that he is doomed to failure.

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Well, yes. But I think he meant he'd be proud of him for striving toward a similar goal.

5. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    But Jacen dosent want to sacrafice his daughter. Even monologuing that there was no point to what he was doing if she could not benefit from it.

Fel seemed to be torn up about leaving his daughter to the sith. but felt there was nothing he could do untill his military force was assembled.

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Well, he could have always sent a few of his top Knights to try to save her...:p

7. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't think Jacen monologued on it so much as briefly questioned whether or not there would be a point if she died, and then reminding himself that he's supposed to be doing this for the fate of the galaxy, not for himself and Allana.

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Then why, if your assumed level of ruthlessness is correct, would he not simply have done away with her ages ago? When one levels such wild accusations, one must have more evidence to back it up than, "I don't like him."

9. Carnage04

Mar 8, 2005
    No, they just own both Boardwalk AND Park Place and have a hotel on each.

Carnage

10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I'm not asking you to be convinced Havac. I had a bad feeling about Jacen Solo after Traitor too and look where the story ended up.

As for why Roan Fel might want to see her destroyed now, it's only recently she's reached maturity. She's been a child until now. Now he might simply see it convenient for the Sith to dispose of her. Clearly his most loyal retainer in Antares Draco loves her so causally ordering her ended may have a dramatic effect on his men's loyalty. Hell, there might be a reason she doesn't stay with him all the time.

11. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001

Jacen's mind was whirling eith dark fears and black furies. For the first time since his imprisonment by the Yuuzhan Vong, he truly wanted to hurt some one, to make them pay in agony and anguish for their vile actions. And if Allana were to die, he did not see ehere he would find the strength to carry on with his mission. Who would want to save a galaxy that could abide the murder of his own innocent daughter?
    pg 278 paragrph 4, Tempest

dosent sound like he gives a flung monkey lizards droppings about the betterment of the galaxy if his daughter isnt around to benefit from it.

12. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    All I saw after Traitor was Jacen acting in an certain and psychologicly centerd behavior. While is actions were dark in Dark Nest they were not wholy unjustifiable.

Then we get Betryal, with where we get one highly untrustworthy characters assertion that she knew a Character (Vergere) that left the Galaxy before she(Lumyia) was born. Who returned to the Galaxy 25 years after the battle of Yaven nearly 22 years after the Empires deathblow at Endor.

A character who between Heros trial and what Edge of Victory had a incredibly window opportunity to track down as Sith Lady in deep hiding and formulate any long terme plans concerning any of the Solo's.

And that Jacen was in Vergere's hands for months before he trusted her, would simply Trust a woman he never met before to tell him the truth because she told hims some general facts about Vergere.

...Seemes more like Lagacy was written to pacify that fans who freaked out about vergere's views on the force. I mean every stories have plot holes, but legacy has ones you can drive a truck through.

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    You're right. If she were to die, he would probably abandon the whole enterprise. What I was saying was that the question of whether or not his mission would even matter if Allana was dead is a question he tries to quash in his efforts to convince himself that he's not doing this all for selfish reasons.

14. Carnage04

Mar 8, 2005
    I do wonder if he would abandon it or use anger and revenge the fill the whole left behind by his "Daughter" (I use quotes because she is his daughter in blood only. The guy doesn't know a thing about her.) He would probably seek Justice out on all of those who caused this while still hiding behind the shield of galactic hero.

Carnage

15. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    He knows her and she knows him, She dosent call him daddy but she can identify him by sight and through the force. She has met him enough to run to him and hug him and be expected to be picked up by him.

Seems more than a by blood relationship.

Rememeber Jacen and Jaina were apprehensive with their mother during their long hiding. And identifed Winter as more of a mother figure than Laia. So He has probably had more contact with Allana during the first 4 years of her life, than Leia had with the twins in their first years.

16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Maybe, still turned out I was right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.