main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the Jedi's powers useless/pointless?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by -maynard-, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Allow me to explain:

The Jedi presumably have powers that allow foresight, insight (another "sight." get the picture? lol) and greater wisdom. But when there are Sith in the galaxy, those powers become impotent. So what are they good for? They are handicapped when they need them most, like when having a conversation with a Sith Lord. When else would they really need them, if not when the Dark Side is taking over civilization? kinda odd, imo

2. DarthOthello

DarthOthello Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    I always wondered about that too. Could it be that The Sith Lords are more powerful? I mean, kind of like an ebb and flow in the force. Perhaps it is the will of the force that, at that particular junction in time, The Sith rise to power and the Jedi fall?

3. MickyJedi

MickyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    I think that the Force principle is that of Tao. Have you ever seen the Tao symbol? Yin and Yang are complementary: if there is lots of Yin, Yang isn't much, and vice versa.

The same, being the Force one, with two sides (the light and the dark one), when the dark side grows up the light one can only fall.

As the Force Religion in Star Wars is something from our Oriental religions, I think that this's the explanation.

4. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    "Useless", Oh my friend, much to learn you have .

5. MASTERJOEDA1974

MASTERJOEDA1974 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
  6. Mister_Fisto

Mister_Fisto Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    MickyJedi brings up a superb point. In any closed system, the total energy remains constant. When the Sith's power increases, the Jedi lose power; It's all about balance. Balance doesn't always mean each side being equal.

7. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    so does this mean that 20 years from rotj wedge antilles son will overthrow the jedi order and arise a new sith order and then 20 years from then landos granson will takedown the sith order and establish a new jedi order....wow so thats the ebb and flow of the force......

it now makes sense.[face_monkey]

8. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    the novelization really expanded on this idea/thesis of the Jedi Powers.

It is possible that the Jedi failed themselves, by not training for a new strategy to fight the next Sith. The ways they trained for a 1000 years, were so yesterday. They lost focus on what was needed to be done. Blinded by the past failures, they failed to dream of a future.

9. Lightside_Jedi

Lightside_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 15, 2005
    They aren't pointless but at that time period they were useless. A lot of times a Jedi powers can be a great help.

10. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    The problem is simply that the other side has the powers too.

11. jedi-master-kev

jedi-master-kev Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    The Darkside has stronger powers

12. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    I think that J_Sat hit it right on its head. The Sith were trained to fight a new war, the Jedi were trained to fight the last war.

13. sith-lord-dore

sith-lord-dore Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    i believe that the jedi never really grew.the novel of ep 3 sumed it up all. Obi wan said "we should train them (luke and leia) they way ankin should have." or something like that which says to me that they always train the same kinda way for thousands of years. Qui gon want to change the way the jedi trained but yoda and mace wouldn't allow it if u remember back to ep 1 they wanted to keep to traditions. so when the sith came back i believe that they change to better there chance against the jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.