main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Are the OT duels much faster and technique based than we give credit for?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Barkey Foreman, Apr 17, 2014.

1. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009

Which goes exactly with what Hamill and Lucas stated in the Birth of the Lightsaber featurette, that they were going for a more European style of fighting in ESB and ROTJ with Hamill stating that he had been treat it as if he was using a broadsword.

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Interesting trivia about broad sword. For almost a decade historians and European Martial Artists called the Long Sword (known by It's cruciform hilt and double edge blade) a broad sword. The truth is that broad sword is much like the Scottish Basket Hilted sword and is not the iconic sword most people picture a knight, crusader, or medieval warrior wielding. The Long Sword is its own kind of weapon and the treatsies written by Master Fiore have enlightened many after being lost for 500 years. Oh the delight of rediscovering the ancient arts of combat.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Kato Sai, what experience do you have with Fiore? Are you familiar with the Schola St George and their research? I used to train with them, and I still stay in touch with them via FB & email.

Have you ever studied Vadi? He took Fiore's techniques and adapted them to be more effective with lighter weapons and less armor, which would make for a better method of lightsaber combat.

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Sarge, I trained using Fiore in two handed Long Sword fencing. I am familiar with Vadi. I used some of Vadi's techniques in some of the other classes I took.

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.