main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Are the Oz RSA's going too far?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by NeecH, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    cheap beer? I didn't know you liked VB shara :D Although you can have a case of that new vodbeer stuff when it comes out if you like it.

If you can't delete it, then just rename it to something witty and sarcastic, something like "smelly armpit of the eastern seaboard" or something like that, something that has some real bite in it.

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I don't like it, tek. I'm just saying that's all it would probably take. ;)

And by the looks of things, this thread is getting off-topic again. Or at least, a lot less serious. So I'm giving people 24 hours to voice their final opinions before I prove how much a dictator I am and lock it. :)

3. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Well I am still waiting for some proof that this is a happy system. All i've had so far is the suggestion that Shara Is Proof.

If that was the answer, you obviously didn't hear the question.

If you want me to keep it on topic, i'll try, if only to get a decent answer about that happy system smeg.

4. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    Why does it have to be locked? as hawk said it does have the option of gracefully sliding down the page until it no longer comes up, and it probably would have even stayed down there if it wasn't for PoT deciding to create some drama in time for the april fool day's joke.

i realise that you're probably itching to get rid of this thread shara, but consider the fact that if there is any other issues, including ones that have been neatly dodged so far in this thread, then if it ever comes up again, it will only result in another thread being created.

while i'm in here though, i would like to say that after initial hicups and having an uphill battle against people who were deadset against him, hawk is doing a good job from where i sit, he's aproachable, friendly and objective. and was able to assist me in a little bit of "teh drama!!1!" when it happened not long ago, thanks man :)

maybe you could teach the old dog a new trick or two ;)

5. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    The following takes the form of a ramble in parts, questions in other and a shambles all over...

For the past two months I have been wondering why we needed a second RSA. Shara has been doing the usual excellent job (using the search bar to look for evil and then stamping it out with the full weight of the Mod Bar).
    So when HawkNC got promoted, I figured that we'd be told why. The facts were very thin, and often not there at all. So I figured i'd try to lay out the facts and see what I had

1) Hawk's welcoming thread in Aus Gen

Shara: I'd had it raised by a few different people (Hawk one of them), that we needed a new RSA. Hence I was looking around for names

The rest of the thread can be classified as Internet Drama, but that's nothing new. So All I knew from the thread that introduced him as a mod was that Shara was looking for names and that Hawk was on the list. So that thread came up with nothing.

2) Fanforce Communications. RMCOY's announcment thread .

Absolutely nothing in here, just the usual self congratulations from the sort of people who hang in fanforce communications ( ie: not normal users. I believe this to so because of the 16 replies in that thread, only 4 were from people without titles, fyi ). The only nice thing is this thread was when Hawk responded to the thread:
    Hawk: Thanks guys, I'll do my best. Shara did a great job before I came on, I'm sure we'll be able to make Oceania one of the greats together.

That and the fact that he responded 10 days after the thread was made. Sloppy form on that one Hawk, but seeing as though you were still drunk on the power of being promoted, you'll escape the charge.

3) Fanforce Update 20th January - 20th February
    . There was some content here, where Shara said:

HawkNC also joined the team, as the new RSA for Oceania, in order to help myself out. Good luck to him, and welcome ? once again we're confident he'll perform brilliantly.

Once again I would like to make a comment about the the fact that of the 10 posts in that thread, only 2 came from people without titles, and those two posts were about as useful as windscreen wipers on a submarine. So the most useful information about why he was promoted was in ff comms, that's really useful to us who don't spend time in ff comms

The only information available to the average user ( not someone who posts in comms) was that HawkNC got promoted because Shara had a list of names and he was on it.

If you were a person who posted in comms then you have known that HawkNC got promoted in order to help Shara out ( I don't know why she needed help, the thread didn't say that)

In other words all we knew was that we now had a new RSA, his name is HawkNC, he's from Victoria, Shara needs help for some reason and that we can still make up lots of internet drama in the ausgen forum.
    I also learnt that the average person who posts in ff comms is a loser who delights in congratulating other losers on their promotions.

We knew jack all about why he was promoted. We weren't told and no other mod who posted said anything useful either, So I can't pick on Shara or Hawk for not doing anything, cos no one else did anything as well.

[b] The Moment Of Discovery [/b]

Then today I ventured into Jedi Council Communications looking for information about HawkNC's appointment. I didn't quite find what I was looking for, but it was just as good

4) [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11151412] Mod Squad Update - Mar 24 to Apr 2 [/link]

[blockquote] Kadue: [i]Changing of the guard
    It's with sadness that we see Hama stepping down from the position of Fan Force Global Administrator. He's been with us for longer than many of us can remember, and has done a lot for

6. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Phew, that is a long one. [face_shocked]

But the answer is simpler than me getting promoted - I was asked that about 5 minutes before I was promoted.

No, the reason we got another RSA was far more simple - I needed someone else to help with the workload. Not the standard modding at the time, that was cool. But more the expansion and improvment that I'd been working on. I didn't have the time to both maintain and expand the place, if that makes sense.

As such, the answer was in the update - to help me out, since I needed it. :)

7. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Tek = "Official FanForce P.I." \(^o^)/

And here's your shiny badge*

*Imagine the shinyness ^_^

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    At the time of my promotion, I can safely say I had no idea that Shara was going to be promoted. Neither did she, until 2 weeks before she was. As for me not performing brilliantly...I don't pretend to be everything that Shara is, but if you could point out to me where I've buggered up in recent times, I'd be grateful so that I can fix it.

9. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Two weeks? No. That's when we knew Hama was leaving. I didn't know I'd be replacing him until 5 minutes before I was promoted. It was a VERY quick process.

10. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    My mistake. It must have been me that knew 2 weeks before, because you were the only suitable candidate. :p

11. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Guys...can we just admit that Australian Mods ARE planning a take over and your respective promotions were but two more cogs in our elaborate charade? ;)

12. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    can we just admit that Australian Mods ARE planning a take over

I thought that was admitted last week. ;) :p

13. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    We failed to define our intentions properly last week, and people thought it was "just" an April Fools Joke.

You see, once we control the JC, we can se about detonating Australia along the border of Adelaide and Alice Springs, finally shedding off the dissident elements of our nation once and for all!

Izn't teh consrpiacy obviuos?

14. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    We'd include Adelaide and Alice Springs? I thought we were going for the Brisbane Line...

15. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    detonating Australia along the border of Adelaide and Alice Springs

Er... unless I'm mistaken, that's a very large, non-existant border...

?[face_plain]

16. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    The border exists on OUR maps, maybe not your regular ones.

And Hawk, of course we include Adelaide, we need to acknowledge that the border area will crumble into the sea, and we don't want to waste any of the precious Murray or any Victorian and NSW soil!

The BIG question is, how much of the NT do we keep, or do we just draw the line due north from Alice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.