main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the Sith Becoming Watered Down?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Zandalor, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireJade

FireJade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Including the non-Sith Bantams and the NJO/DN?

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My canon "flow walks" as follows...
    "From ROTJ/Up to Lumiya the day before she met Jacen" -SKIP ALL THAT DISJOINTED NONSENSE-> "Restart with Krayt/Cade/Roan/Wyyrlock/Stasi et all.

3. FireJade

FireJade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    Great! Does that mean we get 100 years of peace?

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    If we have a Lost Tribe of the Sith.

I want to see a Lost Tribe of K'runkh.

5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    K'runkh? Is that the GFFA version of CRUNK?
    And does that mean "Little John" is their fearless leader?

6. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/K%27Kruhk

7. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    True. It's too bad we've already got one lost tribe in this series. K'Kruhk coming back would be sweet. I actually think he'd hold up as a good character in a novel. I don't see it ever happening but it would be nice.

8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    "Oh, I get it. This one's going to be easy." You meant, K'Kruhk with two K's and no "n's"... Gotcha. :p

But wouldn't they be called The Lost Tribe of THE FREAKING SWEET HAT?
    ;)

9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    In a world of weird spelling, THAT is what you have a problem with?

:rolleyes:

10. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    This talk of dodgy K'Kruhk spellings has just made me realise his name could sort of be pronounced crook. Maybe he stole the hat from K'runkh. :p

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I pronounced it Crunk.

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Hence my joke about Little John...
    I'm not nitpicking your spelling skillz, Charles.
    Was just having a bit of fun.

13. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Lost tribe of the FREAKING SWEET HAT FTMFW, yo!
    =D=

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, I chuckled out loud as soon as I typed it...

15. Sacredot

Sacredot Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2009

16. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    Well it is Star Wars...Jedi...Sith... If the Sith are a bit watery along the way and/or ultimately, then it is just giving props to ROTJ, no?

17. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I was about to bring that up. :p

The Baneite Sith, I feel, are unique. They're the only Sith Order whose founder wasn't/weren't Jedi to begin with; that right there nullifies any particular pleasant-esque notions of "they're doing this for the good of the galaxy". No, the Baneite Sith are in solely for themselves, and seem to have reached a plateau of power unmatched by any Sith Order before or since, as personified by Palpatine in Dark Empire.

To paraphrase Mara Jade, on Exar Kun:

"The Emperor would have found you amusingly quaint."

So yeah. I like that the Sith after Bane's Sith are a bunch of losers.

18. MasterKenobi1138

MasterKenobi1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2008
    Well, it makes sense from a dark side perspective. Sure, anyone who's tempted by its power will start out by using it with "good intentions" (i.e., "I'm only doing this to make the galaxy a better place and save my family!"), but in the end, they become more obsessed with holding onto or increasing their power, because power itself has become the ultimate goal instead of the means to that goal.

Same goes for the Sith. The ones under Bane did so well because they had no illusions about what they were doing. They wanted the galaxy all to themselves (albeit a stable galaxy--not for its own good, but because they didn't want any threats to their unlimited power). Any Sith who claim they're doing it "for the greater good" are just kidding themselves.

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    To paraphrase myself, its their selectivity that set them apart.
    Bane rejected taking on a Jedi and Zannah ended up Sithly as it gets... it was all down hill from there.

In the Banite line, the true failures were all former Jedi. Cognus was a Jedi and she failed with her first Apprentice. Then flash forward to Plagueis, who might have been the most Powerful Banite Sith Lord of all. Think about this: Palpatine was the pinnacle as we all know it... and he lacked the stones or at the very least, wasn't willing to face Plagueis straight up. Anyways, Sidious also happened to fix Cognus' screw-up when he reigned in TPODS; but his true Sith Legacy is that each of his three known Apprentices ultimately failed him... Two of which were former Jedi, the other suffered the most contrived death in all the saga, but I digress.

If he ever glimpsed the future, Bane would have been beset by those ironic failures at both ends of his lineage.

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Any Sith who fights their master one-on-one should be killed to get a decent replacement.

You're Sith, CHEAT!

Hell, NARUTO NINJA know that!

:)

21. xx_Anakin_xx

Jan 9, 2008
    But even if that is true, they still packed more wood than those who followed. I think you could make some pretty good arguments against that, but in as far as longevity - and to me, lack of confusion - goes, the Banites still come out on top I'd say, despite their flaws.

22. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    LOL...

That's why I'm looking forward to reading what Drew cooks up for Zannah's power grab.
    If Bane was right, then his Apprentice should have surpassed him. And I'm not talking solely about brute Force.

I have long applauded Sidious for being smart enough to seize the mantle with the least risk possible.
    He apparently felt that there was nothing more to learn, so rather than drag it out, he waited for Plagueis to nap... a quick lightsaber hole through the head... and now there's a new Sith sheriff in town. That said, I still think Sidious knew Plagueis would pwn his arse if he took the... confrontational route.

23. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I can't believe how many people expect the Sith to be fair. Um, hello? Sith?

24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Yeah. I'm kind of hoping when Harth (if it is Harth) shows up on the scene that Zannah "agrees" not to double team Bane during the fight in the interest of having a "fair" duel... only to then simply stab him in the back after the fights over (which is key, to do it during the fight would be an unfair blow) and he's no longer paying attention.

Then as he's dying something along the lines of Bane crying "Treachery..." and Zannah in turn chastising him for his failure to see it coming. Cue a lecture from her about how the Master must be smart enough to stay alert all the time, that they cannot lower their guard, not even for a second, and that Bane no longer deserves to be the Dark Lord because of it, and how if the Sith are to survive the Master must be alert enough to their apprentice's deception.

25. xx_Anakin_xx

Jan 9, 2008
    I guess I am alone in hoping that Bane destroys Zannah and a new apprentice is born...even better if it is after she makes that victory speech. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.