main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are the sith warriors really more powerful than any Jedi Knights

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SLASHAXL, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth254

darth254 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    Well, just because Dooku taught Obi-Wan's master shouldn't mean Obi-Wan can't last more than 20 seconds with him in a duel. Dooku outclasses Obi-Wan in both power and wisdom. In fact, if Anakin hadn't used the dark side in his duel with Dooku, Dooku may have very well bested BOTH Anakin and Obi-wan.

2. darth_ral

darth_ral Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I always thought that the sith weren't necessarily more powerful but they had an advantage in the sense that they dont have morals in the sense that jedi do, hence, they don't have to really worry about death,damage, destruction during a fight. in fact, most seem to actually prefer it.

a perfect example: i believe yoda could have kicked the crap out of dooku had he not felt it more important "morally" or his jedi duty to save obiwan and anaking from having the celining dropped down on them.

final point: it is much easier to fight without having to hold back for any reason

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Dooku knows how Obi-Wan thinks, thus is able to predict his actions and thus know the weaknesses in Obi-Wan's style which allows him to get two strikes in as he did in Episode 2 or a Force Choke/Toss as he did in Episode 3. However I do agree that Dooku is more powerful than Obi-Wan but I don't think that's the case with Dooku and Windu. It's also likely that he would have bested Anakin because of his greater experience just like Obi-Wan would later do.

If you include EU, Yoda wasn't Dooku's master. Thame was. There's also the fact that Yoda's fighting style is so different from Dooku's and that it is rather likely based on Dooku's character that once he's fallen he no longer has any thinking process that he had as a young man. Lucas also has higher authority than Ian and I vaguely remember quotes saying that the lightning is what deformed Palpatine. Regardless however, Ian quotes aren't canon in the same way that Lucas's are.

4. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005

I wouldn't go so far as to say being a Force Ghost is immortal. All you can do is talk with living people. You have no physical impact on the living world. Not much of a power if you ask me.

If becoming a blue ghost that allows me to have conversations with people but I can't touch them or affect anything physically in the living world is the ultimate power for a Jedi, then just let me die.

5. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Then many would say you are too much of a materialist. The Jedi believed in a world higher of these "crude materials". So do many religions, most actually. When you have gained such a conscouisness you will have no desire to touch substances. You touch with your feelings. That is a great power!

6. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    To answer "Are the sith warriors really more powerful than any Jedi Knights" I would say yes. The sith are more powerful than Jedi Knights, but not more powerful than most Jedi Masters. Also, Anakin was a Jedi Knight and he took out Dooku, even if he was not up there with Yoda and Mace.

Anakin was the most powerful Jedi Knight in the history of the Jedi. However, I read somewhere that Yoda is the most powerful Jedi of the history of the Jedi. Since Mace is on par with him, it would put him above Anakin. Masters would tend to be stronger than Knights.

7. PadawanJoel

PadawanJoel Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    I don't believe the sith are more powerful than the jedi, just that the sith don't care what they do, whereas the jedi try to be more careful.

And for me personally i don't think mace is quite on par with Yoda, i mean i read somewhere (or heard) that Dooku was the second best duelist in the Jedi Order of that time, second only to Yoda, so that possibly Anakin is a better duelist than Mace, because he beat Dooku.

8. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I hate to use quotes again as I can imagine it's getting irritating and all that but,

9. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Exactly, it's all there. And, we don't know when Dooku outsparred Mace. Could be when Mace was a padawan for all we know. It must have been before AOTC anyways

10. PadawanJoel

PadawanJoel Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2006
    Yep guys i kind of see your point, a little. I also think that immortal is in a league of its own, far beyond most other powers.

11. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    I actually thought that the sith had some great power that i hadnt heard of yet.
    Not just that they were arrogant and they are equalled by jedi masters.
    I read somewhere ( may have been a sentence from a novel ) that sidious tells anakin that the sith had grown past using lightsabers, and only used them to embarass the jedi.

Thats what got me thinking that the sith master may have had some other power up his sleeve.
    After watching ROTS a few times i thought maybe the lightning can cancel out the light saber.

But saying that it could have been a quote someone used from EU, I only ever read a little bit of EU and stopped because it was seriously messed up and for me, messed up the star wars story too much

12. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Yeah, I also heard the "passed beyond lightsabers" BS. If that is the case then Sideous should have reconsidered his powers. He lost to Mace with a saber, and hence Sideous should have practiced his skills some more;)

13. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    I think I remember the "passed beyond lightsabers" thing being in the Episode 3 Novelisation but I'm not entirely sure. I do know that it was a fan assumption until AOTC that both Yoda and Palpatine had surpassed them and that Palpatine had until ROTS.

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I think they are both equally powerful but one has better advantages then the other.

15. DarthJuggalo

Apr 10, 2005
    The Sith tend to be more powerful then most Jedi Knights but, this is not always the case.
    It totally depends on the combatants.

The Sith are trained to kill Jedi period. Jedi(especially in the movie timeline), train to combat blaster's and other weaponry besides other lightsabers. Since they thought the Sith were extinct they stopped practicing lightsaber vs lightsaber combat. This gives the Sith a big advantage.

And BTW, being a force ghost is NOT immortal.
    To be immortal means to "live" forever. As a force ghost you are still dead.

A force ghost is the equivilent of a holoimage. Not that impressive IMO.

16. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    It is impressive. They keep their consciousness. You're being too materialistic here. It's not very unlike how some picture heaven. You're counscious, but you are not in the possession of a body. Thus freeing your spirit

17. DarthJuggalo

Apr 10, 2005
    It is still not being immortal. Thats my arguement. Force ghost are still dead not alive.

The other part is my opinion. If I had the choice I wouldn't want to be a force ghost. What good is walking around the planet where you used to live if you can't enjoy anything about it. You can't taste, touch, or smell anything. you can call me materialistic if you want but wanting the things that come natural to you in life is not being materialistic, its called living. Thats like calling someone who is blind materialistic because they want to see.

The jedi think being a force ghost is the ultimate power. I laugh at that. The last thing I wanna do when I'm dead is walk around offering advice to people. Especially if I was Yoda. I've been alive for 900 years. It's time to let me rest. Besides, most people don't picture heaven as a hologram of yourself walking the world that you just lived on talking to people.

18. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    it is being immortal, just not in our known existence. Your need for tasting delicious food is as artificial as the need to drive a Bentley. Living is not owning things. Living is about rejoicing life and living life. Owning a house and a luxury car are things, they are things imposed on us by society. What better way to live your life independent of society? You are still conscious, and you are still able to rejoice life, but you have no hunger for all the materialistic things that we work day and night to achive, neglecting what life is truly about.

If you don't want to live a life without the luxuries provided to you by spending hours and hours at a job you most likely don't even like, and laught at those who thinks there are greater things in life, then I say the Jedi should laugh at you;) [face_peace]

19. Paradox2007

Paradox2007 Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2006
    I havent read all the posts but i have something to offer.

In SW: ROTS book by Mike Stover, Obi-Wan reflects how in the lst millenia, there have been hundreds of thousands of jedi knights, but only two Sith Lords and yet they were powerful enough to throw the Force out of balance.

Later, Yoda is fighting the Emperor and is completely out matched. He knows he has lost before the match even begun, before Yoda was even born. The Sith spent a thousand years studying the Jedi, improving upon their past mistakes, while Yoda taught the Jedi his (Yoda's) masters' knwoledge and techniques.

20. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Ah, but does the movies show Yoda being completely outmatched? I don't think so. Many here argue that Yoda actually gained the upper hand in their force duel. I think it's safer to say they were equals. Perhaps it wasn't Yoda's destiny to kill Palpatine. If the prophecy was true only Anakin could do that...

21. Paradox2007

Paradox2007 Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2006
    that is true. I just posted that because the book helps to explain some of the motives and reactions of the characters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.