main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

are the Star Wars Target glasses out yet?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth_Menace, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    hello, a while ago i read about the star wars glasses that are a throwback to the vintage star wars burger king glasses. I was told target is bringing the glass line out. Are they out yet? (I am from Canada, and there are no targets in Canada...yet)

2. jedidavid

jedidavid Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2000
    They've been out for a while. Right now Leia is easy to find, and you might find a Darth Maul and ObiWan around. There are supposed to be more coming out with OTC packaging.

Ebay might be your best bet. Good luck to you.

3. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    *chokes, spits coke all over*

leia's easy to find? i've only ever seen one of her.

but to answer the question, they've been out all summer, with spotty distribution. i managed to get a whole set, with maul and obi-wan being the easiest to find. as i implied, leia took some work. luke and anakin are around, but not in as big of numbers as obi and maul.

by the way, Darth_Menace, how's Canada? i'm seriously considering moving there.

4. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    Rebel wookie! Move to the Philippines! =)

5. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2001
    how much are the glasses.

A couple of years ago I was able to complete all three sets of the original Burger King glasses with and average cost of $5 a glass by finding them at antique stores locally.
    All the glasses were in pristine condition

6. Fleeboy

Fleeboy Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2001
    They're $9.99 each I believe.... =)

7. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Collectible Figures and Cups

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=swsaga/sw04cupnfigcollection.jpg&text=Collectible Figures and Cups (Series I)

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=2417&zoneid=2

http://www.toynewsi.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=4204

8. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    All the glasses are collecting dust on the Clearance end-caps, around here in the DC area.

9. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    bandit-jedi, i find the vintage glasses around here for 5 dollars as well. i have the ESB and ROTJ sets from way back when i was a kid, but i never had the first series. i just picked up Darth Vader the other day. for some reason the first series seems a lot harder to find. you can't hardly go to an antique store around here without finding a few ROTJ ones.

as for the new glasses, they're 9.99. i haven't seen them on clearance yet, but here in the midwest we're always the last to get the sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.