main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are there any comics about the Fourth Great Schism?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by vadross, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vadross

vadross Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2007
    I was reading wikipedia about the New Sith wars and the Great Schisms, and it sounds pretty interesting. I'm not a really big fan of the Star Wars novels, though, so I'm wondering if there are any comic books that deal with the Great Schisms, especially the Fourth Great Schism. Does anybody know if they made any comics about it?

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    This may be of some use to you.

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I still don't get why the Jedi Civil War isn't considered a schism.

4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I imagine its probably just because they're not sure what to do. Do they renumber everything or do they leave it at simply being called the Jedi Civil War?

Like I said on another thread about the Galactic Civil Wars the other day, this is why I feel the numbering should be taken with a large grain of salt as an OOU referencing system more than IU. There's always going to be new stuff invented IU to throw the numbers off. But I'd much rather they did update the numbers than force us to invent ambiguous justifications for why certain things are not Sith Wars or Great Schisms.

I'd find it incredibly silly if people screamed "continuity!" when they just retconned some numbers; I consider it a much more genuine problem seeing a total lack of logic and consistency in why various events aren't counted among the "Great" schisms and wars.

I often think it'd be more useful to term each Schism or Sith War by its date or the place where the first defection took place, or something. The "Great Schism of 3959" being the one linked to the Jedi Civil War, etc.

5. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    There are no comics about the schism itself, just about how the millennium of resulting warfare ended.

6. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Remind me again why the Second Sith War is now the Jedi Civil War and why it had to be thus?

7. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I think the names are more or less interchangeable. I prefer "Second Sith War," because that's how it was originally identified and "Jedi Civil War" makes no sense, but JCW seems to be more popular with official sources. Presumably because it was mentioned dozens of times in KOTOR2 while the "Sith War" was only referred to as such like twice in the first game.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah. Bleh at the name change.

What's worse is when you have Jedi Masters, like Kavar, referring to it as such. As it stands, I wouldn't have minded if it had been the JCW so long as you had the Jedi you met in the game denying that fact.

My current stance is that it doesn't mean "civil war amongst the Jedi", but rather "a galactic civil war in which the Jedi were the key players". :p

It could make more sense if Revan declared war solely on the Jedi at first, too, with the Republic stepping in and everything escalating from a 'Jedi Civil War', even if it didn't remain as such.

And, really, the Great Sith War - as presented in the comics - is much more of a "Jedi Civil War" than the Jedi Civil War.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.