main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are there any new Princess Leia figures coming out soon?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jedi_Liz, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Sorry if this belongs in another thread, but I am wondering if there are any Princess Leia figures coming out soon? My soon to be 6 year old niece really wants a Princess Leia action figure for her birthday. She asked me to open the one Princess Leia figure I had (because I can't find the Bespin Leia from the ESB release in 1980). Anyway, if anyone can help me out - if you have any ideas.....also, she likes Princess Leia in the gown from the end of "Star Wars" and not the Boussh disguise or the camoflauge suit on Endor.

Her birthday is at the end of the month and I told here there's no guarantee I can find one exactly like the one she wanted me to open.

Thanks for any assistance!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The only upcoming or very recent Leias I could find were either Boussh or Rebel Poncho. I had to go back to 2004's OTC figures to find a Leia in a different costume. The OTC figures had 3: Leia in Slave Bikini, Leia in Cloud City dress, and Leia in Death Star gown (not the end-of-ANH gown). You can see a list and pics here on Rebelscum. As far as finding one goes, you might try our Online Resource thread stickied up top for a list of websites we have found reliable. (They are in the second post of the thread, if I recall correctly). Of course there is always Ebay as well.

If anyone knows otherwise about an upcoming or recent gowned Leia, please feel free to correct me. I was using Rebelscum's Photo Archive to check. (I don't collect Leia).

3. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    There aren't any upcoming Ceremonial Leia's in the 30th anniv. collection. The last ceremonial Leia I got was from POTF2. But there have been some other wonderful versions of this costume out there. The 12" ceremonial Leia from 1999 can be found second hand for about $25 (MIB US). And the action figure version can be found for much less.
    The Leia figures that you might find on the shelf right now are Boushh, Endor, and Ewok Village.

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Is the Ewok Village one with her with her hair down? She MIGHT accept that one.....the thing is, I was watching her for an hour today while my sister in law took the other two (her little sister and baby brother) to the doctor. She wanted to know where my Princess Leia figure was. For some reason, the case containing the few vintage figures that remain from my brother and sister's collection is missing. I showed her the package with the Princess Leia in Ceremonial Gown and she pleaded for me to open it. I didn't want to at first because it had the wrong sticker on it (it said Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi and I was hoping it'd be valuable because of the sticker.) I opened it and she said (After looking at it for awhile) that she wanted something star wars for her birthday, mainly a Princess Leia figure. She has a purple lightsaber I got her a year or so ago, so this is a big step for her.

So, you can see I'm in a quandry trying to figure out where I could get a figure for her. I found one with the Death Star outfit on eBay and the seller is actually in my state, so that's a good start. I was thinking maybe Kaybee Toys, since they seem to always be behind on getting new stuff.....they might have some old stuff. I'll also try to check Walmart and Target this week if I get a chance.

I told her I'd try, but there wasn't a guarantee.

5. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    The Ewok village one is the one with her hair down. It comes in the Episode VI collectors tin. So you have to buy the tin with the other figures in it to get it. But you should be able to find that set in most stores.

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    They have new one coming out in the comic book 2 packs. Darth Vader and Leia from the Infinites comics. It should be hitting shelfs right now.

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    She wouldn't want the Vader and Leia because she doesn't know what "Infinties" means. I wish the Ewok Village Leia could be available separately. I guess my only hope is eBay because I don't want to pay $$$ for one little figure @ some comic store or online store where they charge a little too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.