main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are there any stories about Leia in her teens?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Captain-Communist, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain-Communist

Captain-Communist Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2002
    are there any books about leia where shes in her teens? to give some explanation to her past. similar to the Han Solo trilogy.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    She's in her teens in ANH.

3. Captain-Communist

Feb 24, 2002
    she was 18 in anh right? well anything about her when she was like 15?

4. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    ANH is late teens: 18, to be exact.

I don't know if there's any 13-year old Leia stories... unless you count things she and Winter talk about sometimes.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    In The Paradise Snare, Han travels to Alderaan and sees an 8-year-old Leia, if that helps.

6. RaptorRage

RaptorRage Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    So is the bit about Luke and Leia being 20 in ANH only from the novels? IIRC Luke is 23 in ESB, which is 3 years after ANH. If Episode III takes place 20 years before ANH with Luke & Leia in it then they would indeed be 20, not 18...

7. Captain-Communist

Feb 24, 2002
    I read the han solo trilogy and remember the story about young leia. so there arent any leia younger years stories?

8. eeyore

eeyore Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    There's a comic coming out in January of Leia before ANH. I think she meets Palpatine in it.

9. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    In Star Wars Tales #11 there's a story about Princess Leia called The Princess Leia Diaries.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Luke and Leia are 18 during ANH, not 20.

11. RaptorRage

Nov 17, 2001
    Could ya provide a source on their ages Bib?

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The Black Fleet Crisis, set 12 years after ROTJ, says Luke's 34, and also describes him as 21 during ESB.

13. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    And the ANH novelization says Luke is 21 and Leia is 18.

14. Jace_Halycon

Jace_Halycon Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2002
    And the ANH novelization says Luke is 21 and Leia is 18.

Which is obviously wrong :D

15. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    on Leia and Luke being different ages in the ANH novel -

maybe there's a little clone technology in the math here... what better way to hide someone from the Emperor than to give them some rapid maturity (like the Kaminoans do with their clones)

or maybe they count ages differently on Alderaan and on Tatooine (years may be different lengths, and birthdays may be celebrated according to different cultural norms. on earth, some cultures observe keeping track of age differently - instead of using the date of birth, they simply add 1 every new year's day (so someone born on jan 3 2002 is the same age as someone born dec 31 2002, despite being nearly a year older biologically)

16. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    >>The Black Fleet Crisis, set 12 years after ROTJ, says Luke's 34, and also describes him as 21 during ESB.<<

And, if I remember correctly, in The New Rebellion Leia says she was eighteen when the Death Star blew up Alderaan.

This means they were born two years after Episode III. I wonder how that's gonna work, if George is planning on putting them in there. Perhaps a flash-forward, or a change in their ages, or a change in the date of Episode III. Don't mind me, I'm just thinking aloud. Or writing, rather.

17. Captain-Communist

Feb 24, 2002
    if luke and leia are 18, and IV is 18 years after III then whats the problem cant you do math?

18. Alderaanian_Jedi

Alderaanian_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2002
    There are 20 years between Epsiodes III & IV right? So if Luke and Leia are 18 in Episode IV, then they...oh my. This kinda wipes out the possibility of the twins being born in Episode III doesn`t it?

19. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    But, the date that EIII takes place isn't confirmed anywhere is it? It's all still speculation... :confused:

20. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    There is a story about Leia learning how to use firearms on Alderaan in Tales, which I believe features her whilst a teenager.

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, Episode 3's date has been more or less locked in since TPM came out- Episode 3 occurs two years after AOTC, or 20 years before ANH.

22. Captain-Communist

Feb 24, 2002
    20 years what? what about the real time thing where 3 years would pass in between.Also i thought they said 35 years takes place during the whole saga? I-II=10 years, II-III=3 years, III-IV=18 years, IV-V=3 years, V-VI=1 year, ???

23. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    knowing how GL works his movies, he'd probably say that EpIII (in which Leia & Luke were born) takes place 20 years before EpIV, but Leia & Luke were 18 years old in EpIV.

24. RaptorRage

Nov 17, 2001
    Are there any sources other than the novels themselves that say something about their ages? As in where did the idea that the were 18 in ANH originate? Was it stated by Lucas somewhere early on during when the OT was made, or was it just a guess by the EU authors?

25. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    There are 20 years between Epsiodes III & IV right? So if Luke and Leia are 18 in Episode IV, then they...oh my. This kinda wipes out the possibility of the twins being born in Episode III doesn`t it?

Not really. You make the film last two years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.