main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are there any stories about Leia in her teens?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Captain-Communist, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSikle

DarthSikle Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    there should be a comic limited series titled "Strangers in the GFFA" about the rekationship between Winter, Leia and Han after Jedi..ala Strangers in Paradise

Now that is a comic i would not miss [face_devil]

2. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, Episode III may span two years. I believe that the difference between "Tatooine years" and "Aderaan years" works out to about two years, so whatever their ages turn out to be, they've already got a continuity fix set up.

As for Leia's teenage years, there's not much, story wise. There's an old Marvel book that contains a short comic tale wherein a teenage Leia is trained by a Weapons Master. There's also a Tales comic called The Princess Leia Diaries. It's not part of the continuity, but it could be what you're looking for.

TC

3. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    >>Actually, Episode 3's date has been more or less locked in since TPM came out- Episode 3 occurs two years after AOTC, or 20 years before ANH.<

From the Just the Facts thread in this forum:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8421110&replies=28

Nov 009, 2002; LucasFilm UK was giving a small presentation to the Penguin Group, UK:

"...Episode III is going to be the biggest thing ever, partly because of it being 'real time'." When asked "You mean it will only cover 2 hours of Star Wars time?", she replied, "No. What I mean is that when Episode III opens in May 2005, the Clone Wars will be just finishing as the film opens. The Clone Wars last for three years. So the Clone Wars are happening now."

Where else have they said Episode III is set 20 years before ANH besides the NJO timeline?

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i suppose this thread should also mention the newly released comic - Star Wars: Empire #5 (Princess... Warrior). This takes place just before ANH, with the followup after the subjugation of Ralltir. Leia still in her teens, cruising around in the Tantive IV on a mercy mission.

5. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    Question. ^

6. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Captain-communsit there is no story of leia in her teens but only in a new hope she is> And I Hate COMMUNSITS ALOT!!!!!!!

7. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Actually, I do have a marvel comics tale thing book-it has a collection of comics from the late 70's, early 80's, the "Day After the Death Star" included-and there IS a story with a 16 YEAR OLD LEIA in it called "The Weapons Master".

Basically, Leia has just become a senator and an assassination attempt has been made on her life. Bail Organa hires his old Weapons Master from the Clone Wars to train her. It basically hints that she's force sensitive, because she can only really shoot well when she lets go and acts on instict. Eventually it turns out that her instructor, who is a mercenary, has also been hired to kill her and she must kill him in the end to save herself.

And that's it, if I remember correctly. :)

8. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Yeah, as of right now, I believe it's intended by the EU that Episode III is set 3 years after II, more or less real time. The differences in Alderaan and Tatooine years make both Luke and Leia 20 and 18 in Episode IV respectively.

As for stories about her youth...

1) she has a cameo in The Paradise Snare, as an 8 year old.
    2) Tales # 11: The Princess Leia Diaries
    3) a short story in Tales # 15, in which she meets Palpatine for the first time.
    4) Weapons Master, a story set while shes 15, and serving as substitute senator for her father.
    5) Empire # 5 - ....adapting the radio drama.

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    A tatooine year, is 304 days, 23 standard hours per day(see gamer galaxy map). That comes out to 6992 standard hours every tattooine year, or approximately 291 1/3 galactic standard days. Luke to be 20 years in tatooine standard years, he had spent 6080 tatooine days on the planet, or 139,840 standard hours. That comes out to about 5826 2/3 galactic standard days, or aproxamately 16 standard years, if I'm doing the math correctly.

As for alderaan, all I know is it has a 11 year month. How many days per year, how many hours per day?

Galactic standard time is 368 days per year, and 24 hour days, or 8832 standard hours a year.

In any case, Tatooine years are are smaller than galactic standard time.

Now if both are about 16 in galactic standard years. Then might be able to figure out approximately how many days and hours are in an alderaan year for her to be 18 in alderaan years.

10. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    >>Yeah, as of right now, I believe it's intended by the EU that Episode III is set 3 years after II, more or less real time.<<

Even though the NJO timeline has it set two years after?

11. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    They're working off information that's pretty old. Basically, it isnt confirmed either way, but the people writing The Clone Wars EU seem to think its real time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.