main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are there any stories of Dooku as a Jedi?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by yoshifett, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    This is probably a simple question for you guys, but I'm trying to figure out if there is actually a story that refers to Mace Windu losing a "practice duel" to Count Dooku before he left the Jedi order? Were they on the council at the same time? Is there any literature on Dooku as a Jedi at all?

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    No, the only ref to Dooku winning against Mace is in the Power of the Jedi sourcebook.

And Dooku was never on the council..

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    There's a Jedi apprentice book with dooku in it on the lorian nodd affar, can't remember what it's called though

4. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Are there stories of Dooku though? He wasn't on the council? Was it like Qui-Gon where he was too independent and headstrong for the Jedi?

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Mhh, there's that YA book like someone mentioned.

Yeah, I reckon that was why Dooku wasn't wrong. However, it turns out in the ROTS novel that Dooku is independent and headstrong because he's a total snob.

6. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    The YA novel is called "Legacy Of The Jedi."

7. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    There is also the Jango Fett Comic Series, which features a younger Master Dooku, leading Jedi against Mandalorians.

Here (Easy to guess which he is):
    [image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/Sauron18/DookuMandalorians.jpg]

8. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    I was just gonna mention the Open Seasons gig. Komari Vosa is also in it.

9. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, shes the blondish next to Dooku, speaks after Dooku

10. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    There is also the Jango Fett Comic Series, which features a younger Master Dooku, leading Jedi against Mandalorians.

he's not that much younger. that part of the story takes place like two years before Episode I.

he says that that was his last mission for the Jedi Council, though he didn't formally leave the order and become #20 of the Lost 20 until shortly after TPM.

11. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    YEa, apparently she wasnt much of a fight for Jango compared to his fight with Montross.

12. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    "he's not that much younger. that part of the story takes place like two years before Episode I."

I know, but I said "younger" cuz he doesnt have a beard and his hair is brown, plus we really hadn't seen comic images of him of that time, only in "Bounty Hunter" (game) and he looked exactly the same as during AOTC, which is a smallish mistake I think

13. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    YEa, apparently she wasnt much of a fight for Jango compared to his fight with Montross.

were did you get that info from? from the game itself in the cheat codes it says "Montross is bad, Vosa is Badder, Jango is badest".

as for Dooku he never sat on the council because of his views. for all we know Mace may have had many training duels with dooku & just lost the one while winning the rest, the article doesnt go into much detail.

14. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    I think the full list of pre-TPM Dooku stories is:

Open Seasons
    Legacy of the Jedi
    ...plus some Tales story of him as a padawan.

15. poodookoo

poodookoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    There is also a cool picture of him with Yoda and QuiGon on the Holonet, in the "Who is Count Dooku?" feature.

Qui-Gon is a padawan in the picture, so I would place Dooku's age at around 38-40 from that drawing.

16. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    Ah yes, that one too, I shall post it here. (Its by Joe Corroney)

17. sithreaper

sithreaper Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    ive thought of another. There was a comic supplement that featured him as yoda?s padawan. It was only short, it was about dooku reflecting on his duel with kenobi & Anakin on Geonosis. & Dark Rendezvous goes in2 some detail about his time as a padawan

18. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Qui-Gon is a padawan in the picture, so I would place Dooku's age at around 38-40 from that drawing.

Dooku and Qui-Gon are only ten years apart in age. And Qui-Gon is obviously not in his late twenties in that picture.

Dooku's much younger than 38-40, because Qui-Gon is obviously no older than about 11 or 12 (as he's quite short, and as an adult, Qui-Gon was tall).

I would say it is most likely showing Dooku just after knighthood and in the beginning of their partnership.

19. poodookoo

Feb 24, 2004
    Don't you think Qui Gon looks a bit older than "11 or 12" though?

[image=http://www.holonetnews.com/54/news/img/story_1b.jpg]

20. Durnar

Durnar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2004
    16 or 17 maybe, but no older.

21. poodookoo

Feb 24, 2004
    Then let's say Dooku is about 30 in that picture?

To be fair, he looks around the same age as Obi-Wan in ROTS(38-ish).

22. yoshifett

Apr 17, 2004
    Thanks for all the responses!

23. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Apparently Dooku's beard (and its color, for that matter) was one of those on-again-off-again things.

24. Guy DuBlanc

Guy DuBlanc Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2000
    According to the Vader: Ultimate Guide, Dooku was born 102 years pre-ANH. Qui-Gon was born 92 years pre-ANH. So there's only a 10-year difference between them.

Does anyone think that works?

25. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Only just, and thats if you make him take Qui as a Padawan at just age 13, just before he would have been sent to the Agri Corps, when he is 23, which means he had to be a pretty young Knight, about as young as Anakin.

But then, Dooku was supposed to be exeptional, so it could work.

It also means he took him as Padawan with barely any experiance as a Jedi Knight.

Intresting :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.