main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

are there any untold things in rots?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by aik_pan_skywalker, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aik_pan_skywalker

aik_pan_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    iS there any mention of things yet untold in Rots script that could give a clue to missing links that would make the way for another movie or trilogy to be made ither pre TPM or after ROTS or After ROTJ?

2. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    there are many things left untold, especially what takes place before and after the star wars saga.

3. aik_pan_skywalker

May 28, 2005
    One thing i just thought of , since i been reading in the rots forum about the strange inclusion of the death star at the end of rots, it occured to me that seeing as george lucas makes things back to front maybe he wants to retell the story of what happened in the years before the firstor second death star was made.
    also in that forum someone posted that in the original script of ROTS theres a conversation about that death star being the second one?
    but it was cut out of the script and doesnt appear in the finished film.

This to me seems like a funny place to end ROTS dont you think
    maybe Gl cut that dialogue out thinking it would give to much of away , and leave the audience wondering why has he ended the film in a place after the begining of the new hope?

Because everyone expected him to lead to the new hope seemlessly with rots.

not go on after it and put a fully formed death star or even a second death (in the original dialogue) at the very end of what he said is the last movie
    But didnt he say that before? back in the eighties?

4. aik_pan_skywalker

May 28, 2005
    Also there is somthing in a new hop that doesnt fit with what was said in ROTS

in ROTS it is said that c3po and r2's MEMORY's are to be wiped clean

yet in a new hope r2d seems to KNOW that his master is obi 1 AS HE TELLS THIS TO C3PO in lukes garage.

5. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    3P0's memory was wiped, not artoo's.

R2 retains his memory for the whole saga.

6. matthewevans

matthewevans Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    It also seems that Obi-Wan doesn't know R2S2 at all in New Hope. Why is that, he often talks to r2 in ROTS, even though it's some 20 years later, you'd think he'd remember the droid that did so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.