main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are there multipe levels of the Force?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Snowin_Zachian, Dec 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowin_Zachian

Snowin_Zachian Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    In Destiny's Way Verge mentions, and i quote, "The force is All life, and all life is the force. So therefore the YV, who are living beings, are within the force, even though we cannot see them there." (Williams, 181)

It is therefor, not an illogicl leap that there are multipile levels of the force, in which the GFFA is in one, while the YV are in another. Thoughts?

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Isn't that what they were implying in that book?

I think that they meant to get across that there were multiple wavelengths of the Force and they could only look into a small fraction of them.

3. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    breakthrough!

sorry, zachian. I'm being a bastard. I do realise you only registered this month.

that idea has been flying around here a lot lately, and I think its been quite widely accepted. I'll try and dig up some threads that deal with the philosophy, nature and metaphysics of the force.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    He's a Holiday sock. Look at his username, and don't assume that he's a Dec. '02er. [face_plain]

EDIT: Also, the status of a user as a newbie does not automatically associate ignorance on one's part.

5. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I reckon not, as the NJO will end with The "Unifying Force" which sort of implies that the Force is one.

6. darthjarjarbinks

Jan 3, 2000
    Jello - No, but it does imply ignorance with respect to hitherto discussed issues.

Riven - I think the unifying force could be taken to mean quite the opposite. That this chapter in the Star Wars saga will unify all existance under the force, as existing 'within', in accordance with a new theory of the metaphysics of the force which will be developed...

...and fit in nicely with my theories. :D

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Yes, there are.

For those special Jedi, hitting "F11" will cause you to enter Hyper-Jedi Mode, for example.

And for those wishing more power than they could ever imagine, they must hit "ALT+F4" to achieve such awesome power.

8. DarthBurns

DarthBurns Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2001
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Genghis: Oh, please... One must give in to "ALT+Esc"... thus leading to "ALT+Tab".

Okay, fine it sucked... :(

10. Snowin_Zachian

Dec 15, 2002
    Ok, so if there ARE multiple levels of the force, couldn't jedi Learn to Bypass the walls presented by Yalsimiri? or affect vong?

They might have to re-Learn their skills, using the new level of the force, but wouldn't it allow them to affect the Vong and such, if they were powerful enough to aceses this new level?

11. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    well, yes. but think about it. Luke spent 20 odd years learning and strengthing his own small part of the force. To learn all of the levels, or even learn another one to bypass something like a Ysalmiri, it would take years more practice.

12. Snowin_Zachian

Dec 15, 2002
    Maybve for the more advanced Skills, but i think i t would be just like training all over again. Go be equally adept at both levels you might need to, but to be able to use the weaker skills might not take as much time.

Thoughts?

13. darthjarjarbinks

Jan 3, 2000
    I don't know if the ysalamiri will ever be revealed to the jedi in the force, even if their knowledge of the force expands to include these hypothetical other levels.

For one thing, the ysalamiri's force bubble is an evolutionary adaptation to the pressure of having a predator which hunts using the force. Surely over time the Vornskrs would have adapted to that in kind, and access other force wavelengths upon which the ysalamiri do exist. But I think they haven't done this simply because the ysalamiri's force-bubble covers all 'levels' of the force.

14. darthjarjarbinks

Jan 3, 2000
    Also, I think the whole other levels thing would not be so much learning a whole new field of skills, but a more passive application- largely sensory. Certainly, there would be some active powers and skills which could potentially be unlocked- ie, the Aing-Tii-style teleporting, but I think that with opening themselves up to the broader force, the paths to such skills will seam natural and readily apparent. However, the most significant change would be the sensory aspect of being open to these new 'wavelengths'.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Couldn't you have used the 'edit' button?

Hmm... I'm assuming it gave you an error.

16. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I was going to say that is dependant on what comp game is being played, but going by some above posts, my thunder has been taken already.

But then again, by posting this, I've still said it, haven't I?

That was rhetorical, no need for a response.

I don't know why I'm saying this. Must . . . stop being . . . festive and . . . silly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.