main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are there other Imperial Remnant Factions besides the First Order lurking somewhere in the galaxy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Aug 22, 2015.

?

Will we see other Imperial Factions besides the First Order appear in?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2015.
  1. The Sequel Trilogy(TFA-Episodes VIII and IX)

76.5%
  2. or The Sequel Sequel Trilogy(Episodes X,XI and XII)?

29.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I heard a rumor on StarWars7News's The Cantina Messageboard that there could be other Imperial Remnant factions besides the First Order lurking somewhere in the galaxy. If that's true could they show up to battle the Resistance/New Republic later in the ST in Episodes VIII and IX or perhaps even better. Could they show up in Episodes X-XII(the SST) to battle the New Republic and an older Rey,Finn and Poe and perhaps if Rey has kids with either Poe or Finn. Will they pass the fighting of these other Imperial Factions on to their kids in Episode XII for them to fight them in Episodes XIII-XV when their kids are adults? Or here's another theory. Could some of these factions team up with the Resistance to fight and defeat the First Order in a massive space battle in Episode IX?

Could these other Imperial Remnant factions could be hiding in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space? These other factions would make an excellent plot device for a possible Episodes X-XII and beyond.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Another Imperial faction could be possible in the ST.

3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Other factions could also wind up as allies of the Resistance/Republic, or at least enemies of the First Order.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  4. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I would suspect there will be Moffs and their successors with former ties to the classic empire. Any other factions would be stamped out or absorbed by the First Order.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  5. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    I think so and they could play into the overall world building of the st. I think the first order will grow into the most powerful one (hence why they are the villains explored in the story). the whole reconstruction and various factions thing is interesting but I don't think we need a sst to do the same thing twice though. >_>

6. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I had meant if there were other factions of the Empire hiding out in say the Unknown Regions or Wild Space to strike the New Republic in the SST. That still would be fun though. But to be original the SST should feature an alien invasion from the UR or a planetary Confederation armada or maybe or a long lost Sith Armada/Army.

7. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

What's their goal? Can a fractured chain of command survive for three decades? Do they answer to an emperor? Wouldn't they just be considered pirates if they're still hanging out with each other? Yarrr...

8. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I sure hope there is.

9. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    I hope so, too! radical Resistance and First order between a pragmatic NR and Imperial Remnant would be make for some wonderful intrigue.

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    There must be plenty of planets where an outpost of Stormtroopers were deposited, and then the Empire crumbled, and, well, someone is coming to pick us up eventually, aren't they? Hello?

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The EU between ROTJ and TFA will be very interesting.

12. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    What about sectors of the galaxy where fleets of Star Destoryers were deposited as well when the Empire crumbled. It would be similar to Admiral Daala's fleet of Star Destroyers from the Jedi Academy Trilogy. Which could make a good subplot for Episodes VIII and IX or the SST. They could team up with the Republic/Resistance to dismantle the last remnants of the First Order in the SST.

Or what about if there's an Empire of the Hand led by a certain blue skinned Grand Admiral named Thrawn lurking in the Unknown Regions in the ST. They could either go up against the Resistance/New Republic in the ST or SST. Which could make a good antagonist/protagonist in perhaps later in the ST or even in the SST. They could then team up and face a certain alien warlord and his Eastern Fleet of ships named Nuso Esva who is stalking the Unknown Regions and later the known galaxy. Personally I think this would be a perfect plot device for the SST(Episodes X-XII). Instead of the OT3 and the New Republic going up against Thrawn and Nuso Esva. It would be the new ST heroes Poe,Rey and Finn.

GregMcP likes this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

Reminds me of when the USSR crumbled and you had all these fairly unstable new little countries that had a collection of Nukes on their property.

14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would hope so as well It would make the story more Interesting!

15. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    Galaxies are inconceivably large. It's like asking the question, "Do aliens exist?" Sure they do. It's a probable certainty. I'd argue the same for small factions of a once-unified empire that was suddenly split and in chaos.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  16. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Yes! A Galaxy is a huge place. So there could be multiple factions of the Empire in the galaxy besides the First Order. So these other factions could appear in Episodes VIII or IX or even Episodes X-XII. Personally I hope they appear in Episode X which I hope comes out in May 2021.

17. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I don't know why, but I would really like to see some honorable imperials siding with the good guys. Maybe it's the suits, they just look nice.

18. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    DarthTimeTraveller over on another thread "What is the first order and the resistance?" mentions there could be multiple orders beyond the First Order like 2nd Order,3rd order,4th order and beyond. He also mentions that the ST will focus primarily on the First Order because of Kylo Ren. If there is a fourth trilogy(SST) of Episodes X-XII and I know there will be. Will those films focus on the other orders beyond the first? I sure hope so. Which I mentioned in the beginning of this thread about multiple Imperial Remnant factions lurking in the galaxy besides the First Order. And It would be cool if in Episode X perhaps some random Republic warship or starfighter explores the Unknown Regions and discoveres another Empire out there either Thrawn's Empire of the Hand,Nuso Esva's Eastern Fleet or any alien warlord and his vast new empire of Star Destroyers,TIE fighters and some other types of warships and starfighters from other worlds in the UR. Maybe that would make a cool post-Credits scence at the end of Episode IX if the SW films will use post-credits scenes like the Marvel films which would be awesome.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    DarthTimeTraveller over on another thread "What is the first order and the resistance?" mentions there could be multiple orders beyond the First Order like 2nd Order,3rd order,4th order and beyond. He also mentions that the ST will focus primarily on the First Order because of Kylo Ren. If there is a fourth trilogy(SST) of Episodes X-XII and I know there will be. Will those films focus on the other orders beyond the first? I sure hope so.

20. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    DarthTimeTraveller over on another thread "What is the first order and the resistance?" mentions there could be multiple orders beyond the First Order like 2nd Order,3rd order,4th order and beyond. He also mentions that the ST will focus primarily on the First Order because of Kylo Ren. If there is a fourth trilogy(SST) of Episodes X-XII and I know there will be. Will those films focus on the other orders beyond the first? I sure hope so.

21. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Sorry to repeat myself. Having trouble with my computer here. But what you think of my theory though.

22. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I hope so. Would love to see a fractured galaxy populated by a multitude of factions. I also hope Imperial Knights are brought into canon at some point.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  23. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I never thought about Imperial Knights. They too would make good enemies for the SST.

24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Given the possible state of the Empire at this point, that is a very plausible scenario. I can see warlords and Moffs fighting over territorial control etc. Topple the First Order and there will definitely be other factions vying to become the new head honcho(s.)

25. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    There are other Imperial factions out there. There is an entire galaxy of feuding former imperial warlords.

darklordoftech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.