main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are there other Imperial Remnant Factions besides the First Order lurking somewhere in the galaxy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Aug 22, 2015.

?

Will we see other Imperial Factions besides the First Order appear in?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2015.
  1. The Sequel Trilogy(TFA-Episodes VIII and IX)

76.5%
  2. or The Sequel Sequel Trilogy(Episodes X,XI and XII)?

29.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    What I said earlier about a New republic starfighter exploring the Unknown Regions and discovering the Empire of the Hand led by Thrawn and/or Nuso Esva and his Eastern Fleet of his ships at the end of Episode IX would be a teaser for Episodes X-XII. And Thrawn and Esva could be the enemies of the SST beginning in Episode X with Thrawn and his Empire of the Hand later on in Episodes XI or XII teaming up with an older Rey,Finn and Poe and the New Republic fleet to take down Nuso Esva and his awesome armada with the help of a vast new Jedi Order of hundreds or thousands of Jedi Knights.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree.

I expect that many men and women of the Empire were good people who felt the Empire was not only the legal authority, but what was legitimately best for the citizenry. And I'd be very interested in seeing the ST feature some of these, as you say, "honorable Imperials," serving as a mirror to the more radical fundamentalist nature of the First Order.

I'm thinking that someone like Gilad Pellaeon would be an ideal place to start (Sir Patrick Stewart, I'm looking at you).
    [​IMG]

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    There are honourable Imperials but I don't think 'siding with Rebels' is needed. Imperials have standards as well and what is needed is peace not betraying their own.

4. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    I like the idea of a feudal Galaxy. Ran Ren! Bring it.

Master_Lok likes this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, I wasn't thinking about anyone 'betraying' anyone, really. But rather that maybe we'll see the New Republic and the Empire discovering that they have more in common with one another than they initially believed.

I'm starting to view the First Order and the Empire as two very different beasts. That with a "splintering" of the Empire, we may see the zealots (Hux) and murderers (Kylo) siding with the First Order, with those left in the Empire, proper, being the good men and women?

I could be way off, but we'll see.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That I personally believe as well regardless how many insist that 'Imperial' automatically equals 'bad/evil'. I still don't write off the leaders as most do but I'm fine being rare. :) Thanks for specifying because it shows we have commonality which I appreciate.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

:D Boy, I hope it's not like that...

TK327 likes this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Alot of people supported the Nazis because they brought order to the Chaos. Germany was in the depression, and humiliated after World War One. To them, the Nazis restored Self Respect and battled all those enemies who they blamed for their troubles. They provided a nice simplistic view of the world and simplistic answers.

So yeah, at one level you will simply have "good" people with conservative, orderly, values. Put everything in its place and defeat anyone trying to mess it up. And then you have the Sadists, who like a bit of oppressive cruelty. And then... The Sith. The people at the core of it all, cynically playing on everyone else's needs and desires.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  9. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Haha! No. I'm hoping for something more like this!

[​IMG]

Actually with the First Order banners and the ruins of Maz's castle, I think we already have. :)

Master_Lok likes this.
  10. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    The ST will have the First Order. (2015-2019)

The SST will have the Second Order (2021-2025)???

The Fifth Trilogy will have the Third and Final Order (2045-2049)???

I have this idea that each future trilogy have it's own order based on the three antichrists we had in earth history as predicted by Nostradamus. The First antichrist was Napoleon. The second was Hitler. And the third may have been either Sadam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden.

So the ST will have the First Order who will be defeated in Episode IX.

The SST would or may have the Second Order who will be defeated in Episode XII.

And there could be a fifth and final trilogy about a third order who will do the most damage to the galaxy similar to Osama Bin Laden did on 9/11 as he had his terrorists attack America.

11. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "Last Drinks Gentlemen"

12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Another thread about episodes X onwards before the trilogy of VII to IX has even started?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Perhaps. I'm not sure about anyone else, because I really don't care about the EU, BUT I always thought it made a ton of sense that there would be a lot of Imperial factions vying for control after the Battle of Endor.

Imagine that the command structure is -- or seems, at least -- more or less Palpatine, Vader, then a series of admirals or people just below that, I would think they'd all have a legitimate claim to "the throne," so to speak. I can't imagine them all joining up together all at once. I can certainly imagine one saying, "Yeah, jeez, my fleet is kind of a mess at this point, I would rather join up with this other Imperial faction and double our strength than go it alone." But it just seems to make a lot of sense that there would be numerous Imperial factions all assuming to have ultimate control over the Empire and its forces.

Then again, what do I know? I was just thinking that in a military sense that made a lot of sense because everyone wants more power and there would be a number of people with equally legitimate claims to it.

14. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Other factions would be a very broad and interesting concept...one that is way over the heads of most average movie goers.
    With E.U. canon eviscerated, anything is possible for the new canon. There is 30 years of now total unknown. But I think some people forget that when anything is possible, that doesn't preclude incredibly narrow and vanilla storytelling to take its place.

15. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I would love to other ships or warships the First Order or any other future Imperial Factions may have in TFA,Episodes VIII and IX and even beyond to Episodes X-XII besides Star Destroyers or at least I hope to see Indertictor Cruisers sucking ships out of hyperspace with their forcefields. That would be awesome to see. Or how about Dreadnaughts or Carrack Class Cruisers or TIE Defenders and TIE Hunters and Skirpay Blastboats. I know they're from the EU. But they would be awesome to see flying across starfields on the big screen.

By the way do you think it would be awesome if in Episode VIII or IX that the First Order or another faction after it and the Resistance search the galaxy perhaps the Unknown Regions or Wild Space for mysterious long lost fleets of ships that would be useful against their fight against the other enemy similar to Thrawn and the New Republic searching for the Katana Fleet of Dreadnaughts in the second novel of the Thrawn Trilogy Dark Force Rising?

16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Wasn't there a rumor about part of the Imperial remnant holding onto some territory and the other imperials going into a nebula? If that still stands, we don't know which group morphed into the First Order.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I wouldn't mind seeing a post credit scene showing another faction hiding and waiting. Afterall the films should all mirror themselves which means a climatic victory in the first episode of the trilogy. So that would be my guess with Kylo Ren and his Knights surviving to either start another faction, join another or build a new one.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  18. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. Unless through the backstory we learn that most of the imperial remnants have been wiped out between RotJ and TFA, leaving only the first order. That being said, I kinda hope there aren't any Imperial remnants in the Sequel Sequel Trilogy. Personally I hope the Second Sequel Trilogy rumors are false to begin with, but I'm probably SOL on that front. I'm not one of the people up in arms like 'TFA is just a rehash of ANH!', but even so, The empire is gone. First order imperial remnants in this trilogy is one thing, but if there is a whole other trilogy coming up afterwards, I'd kinda hope there is some new faction besides the Empire to deal with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.