main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are these autographs rare?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Dookufied, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dookufied

Dookufied Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    - Carrie Fisher (Leia figure)
    - Mark Hamill (lightsaber)
    - Billy Dee Williams (Lando figure)
    - David Prowse (photo)
    - Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett helmet)
    - Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones poster... my friend got this for me when he worked on a set for one of his films)

All except for Ford were signed in person.

I don't want to sell them but am curious to their rarity and worth.

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I know Bulloch isn't rare, but that's about all I know. :p

3. Dookufied

Dookufied Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    Prowse is pretty easy to get too.

4. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999

Yep David Prowse and Jeremy Bulloch pretty easy to get.

Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams while not unheard of they are pretty rare

Harrison Ford is (to me anyway) very rare. It would truly kick @$$ if it was on a SW poster.

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Harrison Ford's autograph is the rarest for sure :)

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Yeah, Harrison Ford's autograph is damn near impossible to get. I heard he doesn't sign things very often.

7. Dookufied

Dookufied Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    Ford probably only signed that poster because my friend was working with/for him.

8. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Very cool !!!

9. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Harrison Ford is probably the rarest of the grouping, with Hamill coming in 2nd. Fisher & Williams are doing the con circuit so they are becoming more & more comon but are still rare. Ford's signature on a photo goes for around $200-250.00 depending on what photo it is (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, etc). Mark Hamill goes for around $75.00 as does Carie Fishers signature on a photo. Ive seen Bill Dee go for about $50.00 on the secondary market while Prowse & Bulloch go for about $15.00 - 20.00.

Hope That Helps

John

10. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    At a local comic/collectable toy store there is a helmet sighned by Jeremy Bullock for about $350. They told me it was a rare prototype helmet from Don Post. I didn't buy it though. Should I? Last year I bought a boba fett toy with the red card (from the mid 90's) with autograph and certificate of authenticity. I paid $65 for it. What should I have paid, did i get ripped off?
    How much should I pay for a Peter Mayhew autograph accidentaly on a Obi Wan toy, green carded?

11. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I can't speak on the value of the Fett helmet, but I wouldn't pay more for it just 'cause Bullock signed it. For me, autographs are little mementos of having met someone, even if only for just a moment. I don't see the purpose of paying for something that someone scribbled on if I didn't at least get to see them scribble. All the autographs I have were gotten in person, and when people see my autographs, I don't tell the story of how they signed my picture - I tell how nice the person was, or if they told a funny story while signing, or something like that. Autographed memorabilia displays great, but without some sort of personal connection to it, they just don't seem worth much money to me. Go out and buy some $5 figures and hit a con. They're getting a little more accessible and you'll really appreciate your autographs more.

12. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett helmet)

:eek: why dont you just give that helmet to me ;)

13. La_Capitan

Jan 22, 2003
    hmmmm. Your completely right Dal--Intrepid. I really got to go to a convention. I would really like to meet some of the people who made star wars so magical, and a personal autograph would be way cooler. Thanks for the advice. So, when is the next convention in Michigan?

14. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I'm a North Carolina guy myself, so I really couldn't tell you anything about conventions in Michigan. I do believe there's a Fanforce Conventions board where you may want to post and ask if anyone knows anything about one. I also believe there is a Detroit, MI Fanforce group and someone there may know of something. Hopefully some of those places may help you out. If all else fails, come to NC in April. There seems to be a pretty good convention shaping up here --

Greensboro, NC Convention

15. -JW-

-JW- Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2001
    "How much should I pay for a Peter Mayhew autograph accidentaly on a Obi Wan toy, green carded?

Now see, when I met him, I got him to sign a *Chewbacca* toy...so I'm pretty sure, if nothing else, that's a one of a kind figure you got there ;) [face_laugh] :p

16. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    La_Capitan, the next convention in Michigan that I know of is the Motor City Comic Convention from May 16-18 at the Novi Expo Center. Right now, it doesn't look like they have any Star Wars guests on their list of people attending, but it's too early to know for sure. I'm pretty sure they've had at least a few SW celebrities at the past few conventions.

17. WyethStar

WyethStar Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2002
    Agreed, Harrison Ford is the most rare, the problem you'll have is in proving it IS his signature because it is so rare. A (REAL) Harrison Ford can go for anywhere between $400.00-$1000.00. But there's so many scam artists out there, unless you actually have a photo of the signing, it would be next to impossible to prove its worth.

I checked ebay the other day, and at least half the autograph's up for sale were fake. The Sam L Jackson as Mace Windu was real nice, REAL nice and fake. He's another one that's VERY hard to get.

Mark Hammil is going to be next. The rest are pretty common. (but not necessarily devalued.)

As one day, many of these guys won't be signing anything anymore. Also, David Prowse is not rare, unless you can get James Earl Jones to sign the item as well. it's value will increase quite a bit with both signatures.

18. strwrshrln

strwrshrln Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    If you want a picture with both Dave Prowse and James Earl Jones autographs it would be good to get Prowse to sign 1st if possible. I have been to a show and a guy had a picture that James Earl Jones had already signed and Dave Prowse would not sign it. I know they have both signed some limited edition pics recently, but at this show Dave Prowse was not signing anything with James Earl Jones already on it. Dave Prowse usuall signs Dave Prowse Is Darth Vader. I think he still somewhat resents having his voice dubbed out of the movies. I don't think he knew he was going to be dubbed out until after the filming of the original movie.

Harlan

19. La_Capitan

Jan 22, 2003
    Those conventions look cool. I will definatly go if there are SW people at Motor City Con. Its still cool though with the Space Odessy people. Oh, and who knows, I may just make it to the NC one, but not as likely

20. timp123

timp123 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    Dave Prowse seems very nice, but dude, have you seen his eyes in person??? Anyone see the movie "Mr Deeds"? You know, crazy Eyes?...

I NOW understand why Darth Vader wears the helmet ;o) You just couldn't take a Sith serious if you weren't sure if he was looking at you or the ceiling to the right. LOL

(Sorry Dave, you Rule, but it is funny!)

21. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Prowse looked really sick when I saw him :(

22. La_Capitan

Jan 22, 2003
    Poor guy.

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Here is a pic of Dave Prowse and I back in August of last year. He told me at that time that he was going to get Lasik eye surgery. He fully intends to be the man inside the Vader costume in Episode III and is going to work on his health and strength for the next year or so. He was signing autographs across from my table at the Comic Con, and the picture below was taken when he helped "pull the winner out of Artoo's dome." We were giving away prize baskets filled with Star Wars items daily during the con. He signed several items for me, including a rare poster of Darth Vader that he signed for the SDSWS. A few days after this picture was taken, he asked me to sit with him for a couple of hours upstairs in the autograph area so that "people will think I have a pretty young girlfriend." LOL! :D He has a great sense of humor I'll say that much. The best way to prove authenticity is to have a picture of the actor signing your particular photo/memorabilia.

[image=http://images.fotki.com/v7/photos/4/42811/136521/006_3-vi.jpg]

Me with Kenny Baker:

[image=http://images.fotki.com/v8/photos/4/42811/136521/Img24-vi.jpg]

Me with Boba Fett/Jeremy Bullock:

[image=http://images.fotki.com/v8/photos/4/42811/136521/Img28-vi.jpg]

Me with Warwick Davis/Wicket:

[image=http://images.fotki.com/v8/photos/4/42811/136521/Img27-vi.jpg]

24. La_Capitan

Jan 22, 2003
    Ya gotta fix those pictures.

25. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I couldn't tell you, but having no auto's myself, I would like any of those...

-Yoda ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.