main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are these really worth anything?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by BFoust, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFoust

BFoust Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    I'm a collector and I save just about anything I can find that has Star Wars on it. I often don't feel like I can spend a lot of money (family and all have to be considered) so when I can get something for free, I snap it up. I saved a lot of the promo tie-ins with Pepsi and KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza hut from the SE and Ep1. My wife is saying I should throw them away and that they really aren't worth saving. So I thought I'd ask the professionals here. I did some searches on eBay, but they turned up very few hits.

So please voice your toughts. Is this stuff worth saving?

I have about a dozzen Pizza hut boxes. Some aren't in such good condition. The pizza boxes actually had pizza in them and there are grease stains. In some instance I have just the lids cause the boxes were too gross even for me to save.

I have many of the pepsi cans. I tried to get a set (and I think I did) that I opened from the bottom, but I also have a coupld dozen other cans that were opened normally. I also saved the boxes that the cans came in. A couple I opened from the bottom but more then a couple are opened normally.

I also saved many of the 20oz and 2-liter bottles as well. All are opened normally and empy.

Anyway, thanks in advance.
    Bill
    I have a couple cheerios boxes from ep2 that I kept after getting the lightup lightsabers inside.

2. Haunted_By_The_Kiss

Haunted_By_The_Kiss Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    They aren't really worth much in terms of money. But if you like them keep them.

3. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Just keep one of each item and dump your duplicates. None of it really has any monetary value, but if you like the stuff, keep one of each for personal sake. Do like I do - make sure your wife is watching when you dump the duplicates. It'll help when you want to get something new and you remind her of the stuff you trashed to make room. :p

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If any of the soda cans are Gold Yoda or Destiny cans, they are worth something for rarity. The pizza boxes are only worth a couple of dollars (and I think that would be minus the stains). I'd save the cleanest one and toss the rest. I didn't see any standouts in the bottle list in Wishbook.

5. BFoust

BFoust Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    Thanks for the honest feedback. Thats more or less what I expected to hear so I will go through and thin it out a bit.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.