main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are they all like this?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by neo-dragon, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    I just got my copy of the RotS novel yesterday (which I will not read until after I see the film at 12:05 am on the 19th) and I noticed when I removed the dust jacket that everything on the spine is upside down... That is, when the book is oriented so that its pages can be read in the correct left to right, top to bottom manner, the spine has the DelRey and "Ballantine Books" at the top an upside down, followed by Stover's name upside down, then the title printed the wrong way, and the Lucas Books logo at the bottom and upside down. So of course, flipping it so that the spine is oriented correctly means putting the contents of the book upside down... Anyway, you get what I mean. I was just wondering if every copy of the book is printed this way, or if I have a rare misprint which may one day be a collector's item or something...

And yes, I realize that I could go to a book store and look at other copies, but this is easier :p

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    From the way you're describing it, that sounds like a misprint. Online retailers like to send the misprints; I have a really ******-up copy of Destiny's Way from Amazon.com.

3. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Really? I did get it from amazon.ca but I've ordered many books from them and never had a misprint before. At least the contents on the book appear okay, and the misprinted spine isn't an issue if the dust jacket is on anyway.

4. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Mine is fine, but I bought it at a Borders bookstore. You might be able to sell yours for a pretty penny on eBay -- a lot of SW collectors really groove on errors like that.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Hmm, one of thse days I should look at my books under their dustcovers...

6. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I've got a copy of one of the Black Fleet Crisis books, where the section featuring Han getting rescued is missing; instead, part of the book is put there a second time. Quite odd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.