main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are those complaining about the fiasco that was C2 doing so to WotC? If not...then why?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by MaximusVader, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    If you are just coming here and b***hing about the disorganized crapfest this past weekend, and not letting Wizards of the Coast know how you feel, then this same thing will happen again in three years. We are going to have to let them know what we thought, good or bad. The fact that they didn't have a feedback system at the Celebration shows right there that they kind of knew that this thing was going to get out of hand. I was one of the organizers of a SW con in Omaha last year, and we made sure to have a feedback sheet for fans to fill out. WotC KNEW that they were screwing us. This is not to say that there weren't great events and shows...but the fact that only a small fraction of the fans who attended got to see the shows, or meet the guests, or get their exclusive merchandise without having to pay ***king shipping on it...these things are unexcusable. I would think that Fan Club Members in particular would be RAGING at this point. You guys all do know that there was no benefit at ALL to being a Fan Club member at this event, right? The lounge was more than a joke...it was a slap in the face. And everyone got in at the same time. There was no difference between a regular fan and fan club member here. I even heard that a lot of people were going up to the volunteer booth and claiming to be helpers. They were passed Associate badges in exchange for their three day badges and asked NO QUESTIONS. Dealers got to the store before anyone. Dealers got to Carrie Fisher before anyone. Did you get your figure? If not...let Wizards know. Did you get to see Carrie? Let them know.

Just LET THEM KNOW....again, good and bad. Because if we complain to eachother, what good will it do towards making C3 any better?

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I totally agree. I had a wonderful time at CII and am no sorry for a moment that I went, but there were so many things that could've and in my opinion, should've been handled much better. But the only way things will be better in 2005 is if we tell Wizards what we thought.

~*~Bria

3. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    Yes, yes, yes. I know, MaximusVader. I roomed with three fans. We will describe our disappointments. Just let us catch our breath. (For we did see some breathtaking events there.)

We all were SW fan club members. As for the Fan Club Lounge....well it had a deserted women's room. That's a plus. Probably because no one wanted to be in the lounge. Why wasn't there FOOD there? Or at least DRINK! I went there after a particularly dehydrating standing in line event in the hope of getting a beverage. NOT. In fact, the only thing I saw in sight that gave me any hope of sustanace was a bottle of ketchup. Anyone else see that?

4. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    The empty beverage cooler was an insult.

5. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Mmmmm...ketchup.

6. AcrossTheStarsBaby

AcrossTheStarsBaby Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    Repost

While the whole convention was well worth it, because...

A)I Experienced Star Wars like NEVER before, with fans from ALL OVER THE WORLD and talk to them and shake their/you all hands was GREAT! Of course, I wasn't able to meet everyone, but nobody in line really seem RUDE or Criminal types.

B) Saw exclusive, and Blow Your Mind footages from Episode II - Attack Of The Clones. I admit I am now very very spoiled, and I know too much than I wanted.

C) Meet the great actors face to face!!! Sometimes I don't care if they are just a person like you or I, I just find them to be more Godly and want to be their friends. Not because for my own gain, but because they are cool and awesome, and I love that about them.

D)Learned a lot about moviemaking processes and that's an education I got for free, well actually it is covered in this $65 price, but I went to many of the Panels (it's just like Talk shows, but BETTER!) so those panels already worth the price of badge itself.

E) Of course, there were MANY Great giveaways at the exhibit, which I could keep as soviniors or sell them on Ebay, if anyone would bid on them.

F) Autographs, of course I got a few, but unlike many of you I had it on a low priority... wenting to the events/panels with the stars is MORE important to me than standing in line for 6 hours for someone's autograph!

G) A lot of fans dressed up in cool customes, and that is a very very plesant sight to see, not to mention how many [In Lando's voice]fine ladies with beautiful faces[/In Lando's voice] I encountered at the convention!

So, overall it was great... however, I must confess the organization is very novice!!!

1st, They way underrated how many fans would show up for Celebration II. About 24,000 showed up on Friday alone, and that itself was 8 times more than the capacity of the ballroom the opening ceremony held at. That was their fault, I think they are very naive for thinking that way.

I did complained a little about that one, but I don't want you to think I am negative. I just felt wasted precious time (hours) in the line, and none of yellow shirts warned us about it beforehand.

Sure, it got better, with the coupon method. However, I still thought the rooms were not big enough to hold everybody wanted to get in.

I don't know if I can blame WOC for that, but I seriously hope celebration III's rooms are bigger...

If it's not big enough, I think they should have TVs hookup through out the halls with events broadcasted live!

That's all I will complain about this event, but like I said overall it was satisfying, but next time they better be more organized and hopefully they have bigger rooms to hold all of us.

P.S: The VIP Lounge was not as cool as I thought it would, there is NO food and NO drinks to buy inside, and nobody really goes in there, so that was another of few let downs.

7. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    There was a hugh clue to how this all would turn out and I completely overlooked it....the official C2 website! The weekend was planned, executed, & maintained as well as the website!

Even though it didn't live up to the promise, I had a great time. No credit can be taken by WotC for the fun.

Yes I plan to write to WotC and will copy Lucasfilm Ltd.

Carolyn

8. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Good point, I was a little concerned that the "Official" site had almost no or extremely outdated information all the way up to the event, I got all my information through theforce.net or starwars.com .

As far as letting WOTC and LFL for that matter, yes we must. Does anyone have any contact information as far as who to send a letter to? a customer service representitive, etc.?

Has anyone thought about putting a list of specific greivances together for people to sign? A list of points submitted by a large number of fans (and with out the fans they would not have jobs) may have more pull than what may be considered just individuals "bitching".

9. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    Face it, the lounge idea was a joke!

I spent most of my time trying to get tickets for events or just standing in line for things, if you went to the lounge, I figure you pretty much were giving up on trying to attend anything at all!
    I met lots of people in line, so the lounge to me was such a waste!

I had issues with C2, I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that I did more there than at C1, because I didn't. I missed many of the upstairs shows due to the ticket system (I'm glad we were told about that previously! HA HA! :mad: ) and poor coordination (the escalator debacle Sat. morning).

I almost missed the Carrie Fisher show ( I didn't get her autograph either :( ) thanks to the David Prowse/Billy Dee Williams line screw up that took place on Sunday (I almost thought a fight was brewing!). Thanks to the brilliant scheduling, I missed out on a few shows because I couldn't get through the crowds UPSTAIRS in order to be able to get in line DOWNSTAIRS in time!

Even though C1 was a mess with the rain and poor conditions, C2 was a mess because of disorganization and lack or coordination between the WOC people, the security teams and the various associates.

The worst thing was the fact that I lost my traveling companion due to the fan club/non-fan line split and wasn't able to get any help in finding her for the longest time until a REAL security guard told me how to put out a alert for her.
    Imagine what would have happened if it was a CHILD that got lost instead of an adult!!
    Why wasn't there a P.A. system for emergencies like that?!

I want to address my concerns to WOC, but it would be a waste of time to just send a e-mail.
    Does anyone know who should be contacted with any complaints? (Please post it!)
    I think a name would be fitting, as opposed to just a "blind" e-mail that could be easily ignored!

I had fun at C2, but I think the obstacles that stopped me from having as much fun as I wanted, could have been avoided with better communications between the various divisions involved and more of a active pre-celebration involvement by WOC.
    It would have been better if they would have sent some preliminary info to people that weren't "Webheads" in order to have allowed everyone a chance to try and plan ahead.

I'm more than willing to discuss my problems with a WOC representative, not a automated system or a "general" e-mail address.

10. MaximusVader

MaximusVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    Just make sure that you get someone who makes a difference. I called them today and they took my name and number when I started to let them know what I thought of the Celebration. They told me that they didn't know what I was talking about and that someone would be contacting me about my concerns.

I hope it is someone better equipped to handle a complaint than the jagoffs in the red shirts that were working the lines outside. I even heard one of those guys tell some people that were complaining to kiss his hind-quarters. More than once, line complaints were handled with laughs and taunting by those in positions of "authority" at C2. And I know that someone else here had to have seen the guy at the autograph booth almost get carted off by security when the Rebelscum guy that was working the lines over there got up in his face. These people were NOT ready to handle us...and that in itself is sad.

11. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Here's one better...a member of our local fanforce group was the personal assistant to Steve Sansweet this weekend. She told all of us who were upset with WotC that we should fill out the feedback cards WotC had at CII. Did anyone see these cards? None of us who are disgruntled did. So I ask, as someone posted above, does anyone have a contact name of an events coordinator from Wizard's? I agree that sending an email or letter blindly to them will end up under File 13. I'm willing to write if someone can get me a name of someone at WotC who has real power. And yes, I want to right LFL folks too who work closely with Wizard's. I may not get a response and CIII may blow chunks too, but I'll at least be complaining to the right people.

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    There are email, regular mail, and fax numbers and addresses at the Celebration II website. The email I think most want is evtcustserv@wizards.com

13. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    A problem I forsee with the "email, regular mail, and fax numbers and addresses at the Celebration II website" , werent these the same emails, phone numbers, etc. that people were NOT getting responses from BEFORE CII when they had problems with their hotel reservations and such? If it was impossible to get your voice heard Pre-CII, what makes you think they are going to be listening Post-CII.

If I am going to take the time to construct a seriously thought out and written letter with feedback meant to be constructive criticism, not bitching, so as to give them a better idea on areas of improvement for CIII, I would like to at least know someone is going to read it.

Gimme a name!

14. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I agree and let them know. Also, dont buy off their sw site. Yes its hard to do, but show them who really is boss. Plus, LFL will notice. I had a great time at C2, but yes it had a lot of faults. I deleted my favorites to the sw fan club site and wont be giving THEM anymore $$$$$. Heck, with all the new stuff at retailers now, who needs wizards for anything. I encourage all users upset at them to do so also. It will make an impact. I'm sorry for all the fanclub members that got the shaft, thats not fair to you guys. I was seriously thinking about getting 2 memberships for my Fiance and I so we could get a few of the perks while there. Luckily I didnt blow the $60 doing so.

15. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    One last bitch, what was up with only having one set of doors open to get in and OUT of hall D. There should have been an enter and on the other end and exit, not both in the same 4 doors.

16. socalsnow

socalsnow Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    I would personally say that you should go from the top down. Write Lucas Film and CC a copy to Wizards (or vice versa).

LucasFilm, Ltd.
    Attn: Public Relations
    P.O. Box 2009
    San Rafael, CA 94912

Wizards of the Coast
    Attn: Public Relations
    P.O. Box 707
    Renton, WA 98057

17. socalsnow

socalsnow Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
    After posting the above email I feel I do have to say one thing. The disorganization at C2 is not my complaint. Large events are very hard to handle, and they can get out of control very fast. From what I've heard, C2 was better than Denver. And as most of us know, hind sight is 20/20. It's always easier to say "should have" and "could have" after the situation is past.

My complaint is the blatent disregard Wizards has for the people that keep them in business. There lack of care, concern and most importantly communication is totally uncalled for. As a vice president of my own company, if I ever treated my customers like Wizards treated theirs I would be out of business in short of six months.

I strongly believe that should be a major focus of letters that go out to Lucas and Wizards. If I ever hear of complaints about my company, it's the ones that are about rudeness that get my blood boiling more than orgainization. In any customer service organization, you can still be nice even if you made a mistake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.