Are Tuskens All Bad?

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by gezvader28, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JenX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lady_Sami: Does it give you great pleasure to take potshots at my character when I'm not around to defend myself?

:confused:

Whilst I'm sure Lady_Sami could deal with this one herself, it doesn't hurt to point out the blindingly obvious fact that

"Only because a_g is on vacation until the 18th. Then I suspect the thread will once again be a hotbed of debate."

doesn't actually contain a single potshot against your character, anakin_girl.

I have said all I can on the subject--if people want to continue to make the Tuskens appear as innocent as Ewoks, there is nothing I can do to stop them--obviously.

Once again you've pulled out the straw man argument. Nobody on this thread has said that Tuskens are as innocent as Ewoks. You are the only person who keeps mentioning this. It's a cheap trick that is as obvious as it is ineffective.

I'll check the thread and my PMs for your response, but don't dare accuse me of trying to make this place a "hotbed of debate".

Lady_Sami never accussed you of anything, and creating a "hotbed of debate" isn't a bad thing.

That's like posting a thread in the Senate Floor that says "Is Hitler All Bad?" then getting your panties in a wad when someone states that yes, as a matter of fact, he most certainly was.

I agree. Can you believe that people would get their panties in a wad when you call someone who did such obviously evil things a bad guy??

Contrast this with the calm and mature responses on this thread to people who dare to say that Anakin might have been wrong to slaughter children.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Since they tortured an innocent woman to death for sport, I sure as hell hope they feel some emotional pain.

What, they all tortured Shmi? Every single one of them?
  2. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    "Only because a_g is on vacation until the 18th. Then I suspect the thread will once again be a hotbed of debate."

doesn't actually contain a single potshot against your character, anakin_girl.

Agreed.

About the most it says about you is that you post in the thread a lot. Which I think is fair to say.

Rick McCallum loves you!
  3. anakin_girl Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    EDIT: Never mind. It's not worth it.

Go enjoy your Anakin-bashing in peace. I'll go someplace where people don't bash the principle character of the saga in favor of savage torturers.

You've won. Be happy.
  4. Asharak Force Ghost

star 4
    I can understand Anakin, having your tortured mother die in your arms is terible,in a way what he did afterwards was right..

but killing is wrong

Ewen Anakin hated himself for what he did
  5. jedi-ES Jedi Master

star 4
    I've just come upon this thread and would like to state my opinion.

Back when I was posting significantly on the AOTC boards back in 02, I was certainly known as someone who supported Anakin's POV and to a degree felt the need to defend him in some way. Just wanted to state my position first and let it be known.

But I do think there is a truthful medium between those who will defend Anakin no matter what and would defend anything he did and those who see him as all evil. He is very complicated and any explanation of what he does, says or thinks would have to be fairly complex as well, IMHO.

But with the Tuskens, I think it's fairly safe to say that they aren't meant to be good guys. They are aggressive, antagonistic, and downright mean toward human settlers of Tatooine. However, they are also more than just tauntauns. They are sentient and aware and have a culture and aren't merely animals.

And though I understand why Anakin did what he did and that the Tuskens aren't good guys, I think it's clear to say (and GL would back this up) that what he does is wrong and does lead him more to the dark side. He shouldn't have done it, but maybe given Shmi's death, there was no other way for him to react. Sometimes, Fate just puts you in the wrong place at the wrong time and the situation was too tempting for him and his darker side seduced himself to commit this evil.

Just because the Tuskens aren't good guys doesn't mean that Anakin could do anything he wanted to them. That's not how the GFFA, and this world for that matter, works.

I am a fan of Anakin and I find his psychology and his various pains and struggles absolutely fascinating. And though he is my favorite character in the Saga, I am willing to admit when he is wrong as long as others are willing to concede that some things about him aren't as obvious as they seem and that he is extremely complex and worthy of further contemplation.

Just my two cents for now. :D
  6. dark_charlie Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I HATE THEM, THEY´RE LIKE ANIMALS...
  7. gezvader28 Force Ghost

star 4
    I HATE THEM, THEY´RE LIKE ANIMALS...

Is that you talking or are you just quoting anakin?

g
  8. dark_charlie Jedi Youngling

star 4
    what do you mean? i cant quote myself, can i?
  9. gezvader28 Force Ghost

star 4

Okay, I'll put it another way - what's your point?

g
  10. Jabba-wocky Chosen One

star 8
    Exactly. What is your point?

If you're implying they are animals--and thus neither good nor evil--via Anakin's quote then that argument is flawed from the get-go. After all, his use of a metaphor is an acknowledgement of the fact that they are not actually animals, they just seem like them to him at the moment.

11. dark_charlie Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ok ok, i will reveal my true opinion on the tusken race:

THEY ARE EVIL.

you wanna know why? because everytime you see a ***damn tusken, hes up to something...kidnaping jedi´s moms, shooting at pod racers, assaulting young farmers...

you never see a tusken trader or a tusken jedi or a tusken anything, all you see is tusken doing naghty things...

bad, bad, bad... worse then animals
  12. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    They like nobady but there own species. They hate Any that they see or cross into there terrotory. Evil Tuskens.
  13. gezvader28 Force Ghost

star 4
    THEY ARE EVIL.
    you wanna know why? because everytime you see a ***damn tusken, hes up to something...kidnaping jedi´s moms, shooting at pod racers, assaulting young farmers...

Back in the 30's and 40's they used to make lots of cowboy movies where the Indians were shown as nothing but bad guys. Following your logic a viewer back then would've concluded that Indians were all EVIL.

If Lucas wants us to think they're all EVIL then Anakin did nothing wrong in killing them all - is that what you think?
    But then what's with all the darkside music during his confession?
    Why does Lucas talk about him taking his first trip into the darkside in that scene?
    Why does Lucas introduce children into the scenario?

They like nobady but there own species. They hate Any that they see or cross into there terrotory. Evil Tuskens.

That makes them xenophobic, not evil.

g
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.