main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

are u going to pick up the AOTC soundtrack before you see the film?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthTunick , Aug 17, 2001.

?

are u going to pick up the AOTC soundtrack before you see the film?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2001.
  1. yes

33 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. no

24 vote(s)
    42.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    i'm not going to.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  3. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Hell no. Not after the *minor* TPM spoiler in the form of the track entitled "Qui-Gon's funeral". I'm spoiled for AOTC too much anyway. But there is still some mystery and I don't want to destroy that.

4. Lord Mauly Mall

Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team star 7 VIP

Oct 21, 1999
    Hell yes! It's been a long-standing tradition for me to get the Star Wars soundtrack before the movie comes out.

5. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Yes I will. What kind of self-respecting, John Williams fan would I be, if I didn't? :)

6. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Yes. I'm not worried about the track list spoiling me, as I'm already beyond spoiled anyway.

Still, I'll try not to listen to it too much. I'd listened to TPM's so much that I had it memorised, and every derivation jumped out at me while watching the film for the first time. I don't want that to happen again.

7. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I don't plan on it.

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    HELL YEAH!!!!! I managed to resist reading the spoilers on the back of the TPM score and I am sure I can resist if there are any for AOTC.

9. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    If you don't wanna be spoiled by any track names, just buy it, and make sure you don't look at the back.

Then just pop it into your CD player, and you won't be spoiled! :)

Simple.

10. Musical_Neimoidian

Musical_Neimoidian Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2001
    hell yea. if i could i would get it right now!

11. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    Absolutely. I wouldn't miss it.

12. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    But of course! I bought the TPM soundtrack about 3 weeks after the film came out... I'll try to be a bit earlier this time :)

13. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'm really not sure. I've bought several soundtracks before seeing the movies (A.I being the most recent example), but I've yet to do that with a Star Wars movie...

14. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    I will. I'm totally spoiled so it doesn't matter. I'll probably pick up the novelization also.

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I will, definately. I can remember the week before Episode 1 came out, I was going on vacation with my family and some cousins (we were going to a relative's wedding) and my mom got me the episode 1 soundtrack. Man, was I thrilled. I sat in the big padded chair listening to it in my portable CD player... wondering what each track name meant (they weren't that clear - even though I mad been spoiled, but a very little bit)... The Sith Spacecraft... The awesome part in the main title (actually the arrival on Coruscant)... I listened to it almost exclusively on the vacation. It was so cool!

So, in conclusion, I WILL pick up the soundtrack. :D

16. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    No. If someone wants to give me it as a gift, I'll pay the person to take it back, that's how deep a "no" it is.

17. Miz

Miz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    I can't decide. On the one hand, I know the music will be great and pray Ep II will be more fulfilling than TPM, so why not buy it as soon as is possible. On the other hand, I was spoiled badly by TPM, which turned to be a waste of money due its lacking of my favourite cues. I think i'll wait til those who have both the soundtrack and seen the film (ie All you Americans), to see whether it contains all the cues, then i'll buy it. If only contains a few cues, i'll download them and watch the film later.

18. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    The score is the ultimate spoiler. No, I will not get it before I see the movie.

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    No way. I'm even staying away from the Offical Site until the movie comes out- I want no spoilers. I'll pick it up right after seeing the movie though and go home and rewatch the scenes in my head........ Ahhhhhhhh. :D

20. Sonic_Pumpkins

Sonic_Pumpkins Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2001
    I'll definitely pick up the soundtrack....I haven't read any spoilers yet....but I plan to get the novelization a couple weeks before the movie comes out...I did that w/ TPM....and I liked the idea of forming my own images of the movie and understanding the characters just before it came out.

21. Starfox

Starfox Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    No, definetely not.

Not even if I'd get it free ( or perhaps I'd get it, but wouldn't watch the track-names nor listen to it )

But I'm, if I'm going to, that is, buy the soundtrack after the movie.

22. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Absolutely not. After the way Sony Classical BUNGLED the TPM soundtrack release on CD (not once, mind you, but TWICE), there's no way in hell I'd lay down money for another bastardization of Williams' work. If they put it out as a double-CD, minus the edits, loops and with missing music added and with it all in the right chronological order (ala the Classic Trilogy SE CD's) -- then, and ONLY then, would I buy it.

23. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Nope. Not until the day after I see Ep. 2.

24. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Seeing as how I am trying to avoid spoilers the answer is no. The TPM soundtrack titles had spoilers in them.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'll get it, I might listen to it without looking at the back, but you never know! :)

I will get the book, but I will lock it away and read it after I watch the movie. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.