main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

are u going to pick up the AOTC soundtrack before you see the film?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DarthTunick , Aug 17, 2001.

?

are u going to pick up the AOTC soundtrack before you see the film?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2001.
  1. yes

33 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. no

24 vote(s)
    42.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erin Kenobi

Erin Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2000
    I'm trying to stay completely spoiler free, so no. I'll pick up the soundtrack on the way home from watching Ep. 2.

2. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Sorry, no. I don't have the willpower to not look at the back and avoid spoilers. It's hard enough not looking at the spoilers on TF.N, the spoilers'll be right there on the soundtrack. I will get it ASAP afterwords, though.

3. onegroove

onegroove Jedi Master

Aug 6, 2001
    No. I will wait till after I see EP II. I learned my lesson from last time!

4. caliman

caliman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2000
    I buy a lot of soundtracks. A lot, over 400 of them and counting. Only once have I purchased a soundtrack before seeing the film. The peacemaker. I litened to it and thought it was okay. Saw the movie and thought some of the air had been let out of the bag. Mind you, the Peacemaker is not that good of a film, but it would have been better, had I experienced the music as it was intended to be experienced.

Someone mentioned, what kind of John Williams fan would you be if you didn't listen to it before seeing the move? Well. I for one think you're doing John Williams and George Lucas a disservice by listening to it prior to it's release. John Williams is a FILM composer. He composes music to accompany FILM. He instends the music to be heard with the FILM. George Lucas is a FILMmaker. He intends you to listen to the wonderful music of John's during the FILM.

It's just like watching a film without sound before any of the effects/music/dialogue has been recorded. Would you do that? If so, I don't understand you. The music is one half of the enchilada for me. I for one will go out and buy the CD on the way home from seeing the movie and relive it with his music. But i won't listen too it before.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I've never quite understood people like some in this thread who stay totally spoiler free for 2 3/4 years, and then go buy the soundtrack and read the novel before they see the movie. I mean what's the point of going spoiler-free if you're gonna read the whole plot and listen to the whole score before you see the movie? :confused:

6. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    I read a great deal of Spoilers and information on Attack of the Clones, so I don't really give a care either way about seeing some vital piece of information in the soundtrack listing or hearing some of the music beforehand.
    Part of the genius of the Star Wars movies is listening to the intricate music provided by John Williams. Thus, being able to have a separate viewing of Attack of the Clones after listening to the soundtrack in its entirety will ensure that I pay close attention to the work of both film and music.

However, even if I did not read spoilers I would purchase the soundtrack before even seeing the movie.

7. sw1138fan

sw1138fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2001
    When I got to buy the soundtract, I'm cutting a piece of cronstruction paper that will be big enough to cover to backside of the cd and some of that post it tape strips. I'll have my friend get the cd and put the paper on it so I can't see the titles.

THEN, if i decide to open it, i'll have him look at the cd itself to see if the titles are there. if they are, the CD goes back in and I won't listen to it. If not, I'm listening to it that very nite.

8. That_Flashing

That_Flashing Jedi Master star 5

Aug 22, 2000
    I agree with GrandMoffTarkin, I learned my lesson with the TPM soundtrack.

9. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    I'll buy it, and spoilers be damned!

10. VaGG

VaGG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    "Agree with you Tellesto am I"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.