main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we asking the wrong question about Krayt?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RedHanded_Jill, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. younghansolo

younghansolo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    He's not Anyone we know.

as to why? there is perhaps some history with the jedi. (as with all sith)

2. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    My first thought upon reading the letters in Leg #9 was that his 'unmasking' in Leg #15 would be a tease, not unlike Vader's meditation chamber scene in ESB. Just a little taste of what Krayt is to whet our appetite for the potentially climactic revelation of who he is (or, upon reading this thread, the climactic revelation of why he is)

Edit: After all, how Randy would it be to say something like that and actually mean "You will see Krayt's face and understand with perfect clarity who he is and why he is in Issue #15"? Not very, given my experience of him 'round these parts.

3. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I'd be amused if Luke lied about it to Mara. Just how naive of farm boy was he really? :p

4. Darth-Legacy

Darth-Legacy Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2007
    1.She said since can not fully harnes the force since she is a "cyborg". I don't think she powerfull enough to used the midiclorians themselves to create Krayt.

2. Where would she get the DNA from? And why would she need Jacen?

And why are you calling her Darth?

I think he is Vader's apprentice.

5. talonspiritcat

talonspiritcat Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2004
    Sithspawn, it must be FLINT!

6. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Remember that the Sith Lords have a knack for making plans within plans. They are a Force using sect hell-bent on the philosophy of wheels within wheels. Each Sith Lord (whether a Master or an Apprentice) begins to attract potential students.

Remember the authors of the LOTF said that the nine-part series will bring us full circle. They aim to return the saga to it's basic ideas. Some of those basic ideas are Father versus Son and Brother versus Brother.

Now let us get down to specifics-

A skeptic of my theories wrote that Darth Lumiya is not powerful enough to continue Darth Plagueis's unnatural experiments with Midiclorians. We do not know the exact methods Lord Plagueis used to manipulate the Midiclorians. The experiments may not require a powerful Force user. Even if it does so what? It could be that Lady Lumiya is just powerful enough to do what needs to be done.

Why would the Lady Lumiya need Jacen Solo if she has Krayt waiting in the wings? Well again a Sith Lord likes to always have plan B, C, D, E, F, and so on. Lady Lumiya (like the Sith Lords and Ladies of the past) will cover her bases. She will use multiple resources to damage/destroy the Jedi Knights. Jacen 's corruption was already festering to be used. Jacen is only one of many weapons to be used. My thinking is that Jacen is like a 'twisted version of John-the-Babptist'. While Krayt is the dark 'messiah' of the Sith.

Obtaining DNA is not all that difficult - especially in the SW galaxy. The cloning of Luke Skywalker is already a sub-plot once used. Why not again. A crafty Sith Lord will use any resource to strike the enemy. It would explain the mystery man Jacen Solo saw. The one that looked much like Luke Skywalker. Either this mystery man (most likely Lord Krayt) is Luke's bastard son, or a clone of Luke (named Lord Krayt), or a Anakin Skywalker-like Midiclorian creation (Lord Krayt as a vergence/virgence in the Force). Each of these three theories brings us back to the basic ideas of Fathers versus Sons and/or Brothers versus Brothers.

Oh and one other thing regarding the Brother versus Brother idea. Let us not forget young Ben Skywalker. If Lord Krayt is Luke's bastard son then that makes Ben a half-brother, Kol Skywalker a half-nephew, and Cade Skywalker a great half-nephew. It takes a Skywalker to destroy and rebuild a government or the Jedi Order. That is the Skywalker legacy.

7. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    This whole guessing Krayt's identity reminds of the first Ronin in New Avengers: everybody had wild guesses as to who it was going to be and then when it was revealed everybody was "Who the **** is that?".

8. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Same could well happen with Krayt.[face_plain]

9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Darth Krayt = Anaakin Skywalker

Palpatine just grew him REALLY slowly so as to avoid clone madness.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But... that... actually MAKES SENSE.

We know Palpatine kept the discarded, forgotten first hands of respective Jedi Knights and he had easy access to Anakin's first hand... and we know the Emperor never keeps all of his eggs in the same basket (see: Wayland, Byss, etc.)...

11. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    When Luke and Mara were going through Lumiya's apartment in Tempest though, I get the impression that he did have a physical relationship with her. So that is something for the authors to sort out.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Aaron Allston said that he was told from above that Luke and Lumiya never got that far.

Tempest was just Luke toying with his wife.

13. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Yo. Not because of any story reasons, just cause I like being right. :p

I love the climactic Nihilus reveal. This mystery character who's been built up throughout the game, you finally fight and defeat him, and Visas takes off his mask...and he's just a man. No great secret, just somebody who lost his way. While I think there are pointers at Hett, I have to say I wouldn't be disappointed if it was a nobody. My post up there was a bit of a dig at the "It must be Jacen/Ben/the clone of Anakin Solo!" people.

14. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Except that scene was from Luke's POV, meaning that if he lied, then the readers were directly lied to.

15. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Krayt turned out to be Korto Vos. Then again, we'll just have see....

16. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005

17. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    krayt has to be someone we all know. we have to feel a connection to the character. it cannot be someone out of the blue who has had nothing to do with the story.

18. Muhdurin

Muhdurin Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2007
    Yea like Vader the first time you see Star Wars: A New Hope...oh wait.

19. JediJones420

JediJones420 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2004
    you know this thread has really got me thinking...and i totally agree with the clone theory. I think, and I could be dead wrong on this, that it HAS to be a Skywalker clone. Why else would Luke's ghost keep trying to come back to get Cade to pick up his saber again? Maybe that also explains why Kyrat was shunned so harshly by the Sith Lord ghosts...they can tell that he is not a "true" human...

yeah I know, the whole clone concept has been run into the ground (Luuke, Joruus, Uncle Palpy's Dark Empire, and even Thrawn's failed attempt at a clone are examples)

But Skywalker vs. Skywalker is bound to happen again....or maybe in a sick twist he's Cade's brother or something....who knows?

20. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Actually it's even a bit more direct than that.

According to OF, Palpatine got a DNA sample of all the various Jedi who were on the outbound flight project. And both Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker were on it when they had the DNA samples taken...

21. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Just how sure are we that Kol is Ben's descendant?
    C'mon people.
    Darth Krayt is Ben.

Deal with it.

22. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    It is pretty likely that he is not. He has no siblings, will almost certainly have no siblings, and so the Skywalker line has to continue through him, and if he would be revealed to be Darth Krayt that would interfere with LotF. And then there is what Krayt said about his past when Legacy began and according to that he would at this point, 40 ABY, have lead his New Sith Order for over ten years.[face_plain]

23. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Since when have Sith Lords ever cared about someone begin "true" human. Hell, since when has any Sith besides Dooku seemed to care about someone else being human at all. Nihilus isn;t really considered "true" human anymore either, and I would argue that since Andeddu was pretty much a walking corpse, he wasn't "true" human either.

I highly doubt Krayt is a clone. The use of clones tends to be an extremely common fan theory that is not often used, and even so, it has been overused.

24. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    All clues point to it being Nien Nunb.

25. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    I think it's Old Man Withers from the amusement park. And he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling Skywalker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.