main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Are we dead from lack of interest?

Discussion in 'Archive: San Jose, CA' started by Lilith Demodae, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    This forum's been totally inactive for weeks now. Is there not enough interest in SJ for this to be viable?

2. LogosPathosEthos

LogosPathosEthos Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2004
    I'm still interested if anyone else is. You would think that in a city with just under a million people, not to mention the surrounding areas, there would be more than just a few interested parties. We have two weeks left before the end of the month. I propose we have a meeting by then, hopefully with more than two or three people. I'm available, or can be, any day of the week, at any time. Let's get it together, people. this could be cool if we made it cool. Tell your friends that like Star Wars what we're doing. Maybe we can get some interest.

3. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Sorry, my girlfriend requires just about all of my free time if I want to be able to keep her.
    Good luck though.

If it doesn't work out, there's another club at www.sbswfc.com which is San Jose area, but not FanForce.

4. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    The Bay Area is world-reknown for its violent anti-Star Wars and anti-Scifi stance. Book editors from New York and Georgia flat out refuse to allow authors of science-fiction, fantasy, or Star Wars novels to tour in the area. I don't know why that is, especially given the close proximity to Skywalker Ranch. It doesn't really surprise me that there is a general lack of interest in the San Jose area.

5. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Then how does BayCon manage to happen every year? :confused:

I mean, I've lived here all my life and never encountered any more antagonizm than anywhere else I've visited. In fact, I had more problems when I was going to school in Utah than I've ever had here.

6. SanJoseShark

SanJoseShark Jedi Master

Oct 4, 2004
    Get hockey back at the tank i cant stand this lockout! go sharks!!!!

7. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I must say I'm confused about the perceived hostility. I've never heard about that. Never any problem at any of the TimeCon or BayCon conventions. Heck, we have FurryCons arround here that aren't met with any hostility. If anything, this is going to be one of the most tollerant areas arround.

Good to see some new life drifting in. All you guys need is 3 in-person meetings, scheduled and posted here, and you can be running the SJ fanforce. I think someone over 21 needs to be involved. It's posted in one of the earlier threads here, but you can always ask the regional rep. I'd do it myself, but my girlfriend :D requires about 85% of my time.

Good luck.

-----
    Here's the info:

1- You need at least 3 members who do not reside in the same household.

2- You need to have 3 meetings

3- All three meetings need to be advertised on the main page of fanforce in order to count towards you becomming official. You need to give me advance notice of the DATE of your meetings/events, the TIME of your meetings, the LOCATION including DIRECTIONS to the meeting, and a brief synopsis of what you plan to do at the meeting. You have already had one meeting, you have two left in order to become "official."

Once you become official you will choose a City Rep (18 years or older) and choose a name for your chapter. The City Rep will be your representative to Fan Force, the person who will work with me to help your Fan Force Chapter grow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.