Discussion Are we finally going to witness a light sabre being constructed in the ST?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Jcuk, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    Whatever just have the scene between Luke and someone then
  2. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    It was a joke this time too.

Either we're on totally different wavelengths or I'm just not funny.

EDIT: spelling
    Last edited by TigerCraneFist, Mar 27, 2013
  3. hachijedi Force Ghost

star 3
    Can someone explain why that Ben Hut scene was even cut. When I saw it the 1st time I couldn't believe Lucas felt that shouldn't be included. That would of been the PERFECT beginning to Jedi. Cause the last scene of "Empire" Luke was with Leia, so it should of started with that scene in "Jedi" instead just showing the driods out there. I guess he wanted to keep Luke's entrance a surprise but when I saw that scene I lost it, too cool fixing the light saber.
    Last edited by hachijedi, Mar 27, 2013
  4. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    It's a cool scene, but it drags the narrative and undermines the tension throughout the beginning of the first act of the film. Instead of "Where's Luke?", "Is he armed?", etc. it would be more like "So, is Luke gonna come out of that cave any time soon?". Not as exciting. The reveal of Luke's new lightsaber (which is also the first green lightsaber the audience saw) is much more exciting at the beginning of an action scene than him arbitrarily turning it on and off again while sitting in a cave.
    Jcuk likes this.
  5. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be awesome! I want to see it as well.
  6. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    The Jedi must have an in house seamstress. Think of all the different sizes and aliens with multiple limbs. And don't forget the younglings.
    TheManFromMortis likes this.
  7. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    Who gives a toss who their tailors are? 'Yeah can you just take it up at the back a bit' or 'hmm yeah I like it, I'm just not too sure about the colour d'ya know what I mean?' Nonsense.
  8. Darth Venator Jedi Master

star 1
    The_Hellhammer likes this.
  9. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    Me too. About lightsabres.
  10. STARBOB Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
    I care about the color too. I like red & hate the green.
    Last edited by STARBOB, Mar 27, 2013
  11. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    I like the duh! :roll eyes. Very droll
  12. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Everyone knows that the little Force Gnomes deliver lightsabers to all the good Jedi when they come of age. It's explained in the EU book "Challenger of the Force" by Timothy Stover.
  13. Sith_Knight087 Jedi Master

star 1
    We already ''partly'' saw it with this longs lost deleted scene.
    Last edited by Sith_Knight087, Mar 30, 2013
  14. Jcuk Force Ghost

star 4
    This scene was discussed at the beginning of the thread
  15. TheManFromMortis Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    _ _ _ _

I've never seen that deleted scene before. I actually liked it. Were the Vader scenes shot at the time of RoTJ or were they done more recently for the Blu Ray release?
  16. Jedifirefly5 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I think it'd be boring like a scene with someone building a cell phone. Pretty much no one understands how they are built but everyone knows how to use them.
  17. Darth_Quintonis Jedi Master

star 1
    No, don't go to Lightsabres R Us, first of all, they are an over-priced uppity British-Canadian chain, second of all, they only ever seem to have Qui-gon and young Obi-wan lightsabers left in stock. You'd be better off going to Tosche's, they're not quite as picked over. ;)
    Last edited by Darth_Quintonis, Mar 31, 2013
    TheManFromMortis likes this.