main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Are we getting too much spoiler info?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Bespin Miners Union 1138, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I felt like I knew almost every scene or most of them before I saw the PT. I think the spoilers have been leaking waaaay slower than the PT. Han dying is not a major shock for me but Luke killing him would have been. I had a feeling Han would die because you cant reintroduce Luke in the last half hour then kill him. Logic tells me at least one of the Big3 would die and Han always seemed most likely. You can avoid major spoilers but I agree it is much harder to do so today. I plan on jumping off the spoiler wagon soon. I just wanted to know the general direction the story is going in. It will be hard for me but if I continue to spoil myself it will be my fault. Certain things I don't want to know like who's in the Tomb or does Rey Fin or Poe die. To me those are much bigger twist than Han dying. I will try to shake my spoiler addiction but to do so I probably will have to go to the non spoiler section. I might have to stop reading MSW. I might have too.....SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!!!!!! I'm reading all of that S@$T!!!!

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Hey! Some of us have no choice but to read Star Wars spoilers on the internet for work! I don't know what non-moderators are doing but their work apparently requires them to read pop culture websites, too.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  4. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    You know, I try to avoid the Episode 7 threads as much as possible but sooner or later I find out about something of Awakens anyways. Plus, I'm just too curious at times.

5. Teaser Day

Teaser Day Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    The spoilers I read today are really really stupid. I bet all my Spiderman comic books that they are fake.

6. KenW

KenW Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 25, 2015
    I was spoiler free for the prequels, but I'm reading everything for this. The more spoilers the better for me. Reason being, I'm not sure I want to spend money on this yet, and I'm not willing to gamble out of curiosity. Ultimately, I will read descriptions by people who actually saw it after release to decide. Luckily I haven't seen all of the Clone Wars series yet, and am savoring those. I'm saving some for after VII comes out so I can still have something to watch in case I'm not interested in the direction the movie series is going under the Disney sale. Ideally, this won't be labeled Episode VII, so I could accept it better as an EU, alternate universe "Star Wars Infinities" type story. If Han dies, or Luke is conflicted, I don't think I'll go see it. I prefer the ending to Jedi. Lucas said Han would be flipping burgers in the back yard and retired. That's what I'll imagine.

7. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Thats a sweet job to have especially now.

8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I actually thought there was more info about the prequels specifically ROTS then this one so far. Plus I think there is a lot of disinformation out there but given out by not only wannabes but also Disney/Bad Robot to throw people off.

9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    "wannabes"?

10. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    So yer sayin'...... Sperler reedrs done dere gonna be end up geytin an ol' fashion ass kickin from Sea Bass, I reckon? Dat what I'm readin' right dere, Ace?

/spittoon

11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Spoiler Spice

Krueger likes this.
  12. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I wasn't old enough to have internet freedom when the prequels were being made, so I'm generally enjoying all these rumors/spoilers.

13. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Yea majority of movie was online in text form before movie was out,ROTS. Including pics of Toast Anakin. That was good times . but there was a lot of misinformation out there, like a more graphic Palps Office Arrest scene involving a Kit Fisto decapitation. Wish that happened but oh well...

14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I can't honestly believe anyone would walk through the cinema doors next December not thinking that at least one of the original 3 would be killed off, you have to be really naïve if you believe Luke, Han and Leia will all survive the trilogy and may be appear in the next. :cool:

15. Bespin Miners Union 1138

Bespin Miners Union 1138 Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    For what its worth Devin Faraci tweeted: I like spoilers, but I think there's a line. You have to be responsible with how you put them out there.
    Germain Lussier of SlashFilm retweeted it. Devin then also talked about how TPM started the "let's spoil everything about star wars" mentality.

So there are two guys who make the same point that I was trying to make.

Also for what's worth Peter Sciretta of SlashFilm tweeted to Jason that he heard the big death rumor wasn't true.

16. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    How does something this big leak and yet we still don't know like 90% of the rest of the plot?

Edit

Yeah, I was talking about how much we still don't know. I didn't realize I left off a word.

Krueger likes this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I presume you mean "know"? In which case I do agree with you.

18. Bespin Miners Union 1138

Oct 5, 2014
    Maybe because its not true? Maybe JJ and Disney are truly doing a good job leading people off of the scent.

19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013

Big head scratcher. Supposedly we have reports from a particular scene filmed at Pinewood. No scenes leaked from Iceland, Stellig, or Puzzlewood.

But no other character names either. And the ENTIRE second act is a mystery. Actually we still have no clue whatsoever why Rey wants to break out Finn and Poe from the brig and what even propels any of them to go on a journey together.

So too many spoilers? Not really. We don't know the synopsis or overall premise at all. But the pinhole leaks are starting to radiate to form bigger cracks.

20. yggdrasil311

Oct 7, 2004
    Again. We aren't debating if it is not true here or not. MSW has every right and freedom to report and write how they want. Just like everyone has every freedom and right to read how they want and how they read and browse the Internet. There are ways to avoid to seeing these huge Spoilers but so many people act like it is impossible nowadays.

But we also live in a world nowadays where things are desensitized and there is a race to who hits first with the "shock", so it's inevitable for this type of stuff to come out a lot.

21. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

So the rival sites, ones which have run their own spoilers when they got them, is hating on another site which they compete with for.......DOING THE SAME THING THEY HAVE BEEN DOING???

LOL!

Sure they wouldn't spoil something this THIS! No..they expertly measure each spoiler against the mythical 'line' and decide not to post juicy spoilers which would get them thousands of hits and the cult following of eager fanboys everywhere....because...well they wouldn't spoil something like THIS!

Hahahahahahhahaahhah!

Bob Octa likes this.
  22. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    in case this wasnt on pages 2-6 that I didn't read...

[​IMG]

I think desireing to avoid Star Wars spoilers while going to Making Star Wars is like desireing to remain celibate while going to a bordello.

23. Bespin Miners Union 1138

Oct 5, 2014

The other sites are a little less blunt about the spoilers they get. The tease in most cases...they don't outright spoil. They also have relationships with producers like Disney and Universal etc...and don't want to lose access by posting something outright.

24. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    If Disney was proactive in feeding the machine something like this wouldn't happen. If Disney spent just a tiny bit of time and gave Jason and the other sites, something, anything then maybe he wouldn't release something this big. It's called marketing and developing relationships. When you leave a void like that in the age of modern social media, don't be surprised when you get your ass bit. Disney had over two years to deliver something, anything to sites like this one, MSW, SWU, etc, etc.. Something as simple as a official concept art, to limited interviews to a simple cast member photo.

They decided to give nothing. That only creates more demand and people who have nothing to lose in posting it to the general public. If they just spent a little time and gave a little, this secret would remain secret. There is a reason why NONE of the heavy hitters have ran with this yet. Because they have partnerships with Disney that they will not disrupt. They won't jump on this unless it becomes viral, then they have no choice. The Telegraph just picked up this story from MSW and cites them heavily (got to love the British press, they could give a crap). That alone could spark this in the next 24 hours and you can bet Lucas Film and Disney are up late at night mauling this over on what to do and how to craft the response if it goes viral. I would not put it past Disney to literally threaten most of the entertainment media, saying if you run this we will be cutting you off for all the films. Just 24 hours, if it doesn't go viral by then, Disney has nothing to worry about. Surprised there hasn't been one thread in Reddit movies or StarWars yet.

It's going to be interesting. I hope it doesn't go viral and maybe that will force Disney to start opening up and developing relationships with these fan sites.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  25. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I'll start by saying that I cannot even relate to the original posters' perspective. If you don't want to be spoiled, it is your responsibility to ensure that your internet browsing does not include anything that could "ruin it" for you. It's just that simple. Having not read the entire thread, though, I'm confident that base has already been covered.

Life has evolved for myself since the PT (i.e. wife and two kids) in a manner that I simply don't spend as much time browsing and commenting on sites like this, but I don't recall being spoiled to any degree taking away anything from the experience of seeing something on screen for the first time. I knew very little about TPM going in aside from some basic character arcs, knew a little bit more about AOTC, and quite a bit about ROTS before watching it. But, there is something different this time around.

We've discussed this before, but for all intents and purposes we knew exactly how thingswere going to end up in the PT, so from my perspective we were all already spoiled to a certain degree before we ever laid eyes on Darth Maul for the first time. Aside from some great visuals and some neat new characters, there was nothing shocking or surprising about the PT, since its ending was already known before TPM came to life.

With the ST, we're all flying blind with regards to where the story is even going. What else needs to be resolved? Who indeed is the baddie? Spoilers mean a lot more this time, and with JJ at the helm it's hard to know what to believe regardless of the source. There is most likely a mix of fish-in-the-barrel spoilers combined with actual credible sources relaying information.

I guess my message is simple. Take responsibility for your own journey; whether that be spoiler-free or spoiler-filled, even if that means not logging on to websites that you somehow view as vital to your existence.

Back in the 80's, I snooped under my parent's bed and found out that I was getting Omega Supreme for Christmas. (if you don't know what that means, google it) :)

That never ruined the joy I had playing with him for years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.